displaying posts 1 to 9 of 9

Author Subject: Remote filter Kits
kezman7

Senior User

Post #1
Seen these, Would it be possible to do the same on a 306? Using a 306 sandwich plate just instead of the ford ones in the kit?

Not sure about the filters you could just use the ford ones maybe? Althought a proper 306 filter mount part would be better?

Anyone doe this or discussed it?

clicky

Posted 6th Mar 2010 at 04:52
mabgti

NV motors

Post #2
so you want to increase the chance of an oil leak and possible pressure fail... just to put the filter in a place you dont have struggle with if your a fat bas**rd! why?

Team Supercharged Gti-6

NV Motorsport
Automotive Performance Tuning
0121 448 7515
ECU Remapping/ DPF removal
VAG/BMW Diag and Option Coding
Peugeot Planet ECU coding/transponder programming etc
www.nvmotorsport.com
Facebook Page
Project S6
Posted 6th Mar 2010 at 05:09
kezman7

Senior User

Post #3
Im not overly fussed atm but i need to fit a fan to the rear of the rad so its unbelievably tight in that area now.
Posted 6th Mar 2010 at 05:10
kezman7

Senior User

Post #4
Was flicking thought ebay and caught my eye and wondered why uv not seen it before on our cars
Posted 6th Mar 2010 at 05:11
smegal

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Surely it's no more risky than an oil cooler?

Ex SC-6

Now in a Megane R26
Posted 6th Mar 2010 at 05:15
mabgti

NV motors

Post #6
just use a smaller filter... one from lesser powered XU engine will do and still filtrate well.

oil pressure from cold on a 6 is bout 20psi iirc? stick the oil filter a metre away from block and turn upside down and see how much oil you get there...

Team Supercharged Gti-6

NV Motorsport
Automotive Performance Tuning
0121 448 7515
ECU Remapping/ DPF removal
VAG/BMW Diag and Option Coding
Peugeot Planet ECU coding/transponder programming etc
www.nvmotorsport.com
Facebook Page
Project S6
Posted 6th Mar 2010 at 05:18
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #7
mabgti wrote:
just use a smaller filter... one from lesser powered XU engine will do and still filtrate well.

oil pressure from cold on a 6 is bout 20psi iirc? stick the oil filter a metre away from block and turn upside down and see how much oil you get there...

I would've thought that cold oil would be thicker, and the oil pressure would therefore be higher on startup, then get lower as the engine heats up.

I agree with what you say about the pressure drop through the hoses though.

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 6th Mar 2010 at 05:50
allesclar

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
but why would it matter? surely the oil has to go through the filter at some point as its in a loop?

Team allesclar ®

Posted 6th Mar 2010 at 06:16
matt306gti

Post #9
I understand where your coming from about the increased chances of an oil leak as there is more plumbing.. but pressure failure too?
I cant see it.. all you need to do is calculate the extra capicity of the route the oil will have to take to reach the filter and increase the amount accordingly, therefore a drop in pressure should not occur.

A freind of mine had a kit simmilar to this on his 200sx, he used to take part in drift and track days almost every weekend so oil changes were far more frequent. He never once had any problems regarding leaks or pressure loss, the kit really added a professional look to his engine bay too.

If your serious about getting one of these then forget ebay and take a look at Demon Tweeks mate, they sell the Mocal Oil Cooler and Relocation kits (same one my mate had) and they are top quality for a reasonable price Smile
Posted 6th Mar 2010 at 09:21