displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: General Bulb questions
justinaccurate

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
I noticed the other day that one of my side lights was out. Confirmed its the bulb thats blown so need a new one. What is this type of bulb called and where should I buy from?

Im thinking of replacing my mains at the same time and Osram nightbreakers has been mentioned by a few - I assume I want the H7 (non xenon) ones?

So I went to check the rest of my lights and one of my fogs is also out. I can see from a search its a bit of a ball ache to get to so can anyone tell me exactly what I need to replace it with?

Finally, the only other thing I could see was there was only a rear fog lit up on one side - has this blown or is it supposed to be like this?
Posted 4th Mar 2010 at 23:27
dan_s16

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
The side lights are 501 type

as long as yours is a phase 2 or 3 then you will need 2 sets of H7 if you replace the main and dipped beam.

I think the fogs are H3 but I can't remember for certain now so best wait for someone to confirm

The rear is supposed to only have 1 on the drivers side but if you wanted to you can put a second one in the other side by taking out a piece plastic from the light fitting.

When I've got time I forget what I wanted to do, and when I remember what I wanted to do, I have no time!
Posted 4th Mar 2010 at 23:50
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #3
rear fogs are meant to be like that, only one is required by law, you can however take the light unit off, break out the moulding tab and fit another bulb, afterburner fogs FTW LOL

sidelight is a 501, or W5W type, i.e 12v capless 5 watt.

headlamps are both H7.

front fogs are H1.

arrr feck I got distracted Laugh my ass off

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 4th Mar 2010 at 23:57
dan_s16

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
oh yeah thats right the front fogs are H1 the phase 1 fogs are H3

Razz

When I've got time I forget what I wanted to do, and when I remember what I wanted to do, I have no time!
Posted 5th Mar 2010 at 00:03
shelfside_1999

Junior User

Post #5
you should try this ebay shop.

Here

I got some nightbreakers from here a few weeks back.

Posted 5th Mar 2010 at 00:05
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
welshpug! wrote:
afterburner fogs FTW LOL

They were all the rage in 2004 and 2005. I had 2 in my old one.Laugh

Nev, when it began to get dark end of last summer and coming home from work, I found I had 3 out of the 6 headlight bulbs out. Quick loft raid and 6 again.

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 5th Mar 2010 at 00:16
justinaccurate

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Ive been looking on ebay for the W5W bulbs and the number of different ones is astonishing.

Are LED ones any good? are they chavvy or illegal? Its confusing me when they have a specific car manufacturer in the advert Unsure
Posted 5th Mar 2010 at 03:59