displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Brake switch, handbrake light, ABS light
jim01uk

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Right I noticed last night that the brake lights weren't working, so I went to replace it today.

The old switch is fine, but there is no voltage at the connector to it.

checked all the fuses and they are fine too.

BUT while messing with fuses etc, the handbrake lamp and ABS lamp have come on and now won't go off when the engine is running.

I have removed the fusebox and can't see any loose wires or poor connections.

All other lights on the rear of the car work, so it shouldn't be an earth fault.

Ideas please!! Thought it would be a 10 minute job but been f*cking about with the wiring diagrams for 2 hours now!!
Posted 4th Mar 2010 at 22:45
jim01uk

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
anyone? no ideas?

Going to try running a cable straight from the battery to the brake switch and see if that proves the rest of the circuit back to the lights, but then I guess I need to see why there is no connection between the fusebox and the brake light switch loom.
Posted 5th Mar 2010 at 02:16
jim01uk

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Sorted, would appear that gremlins have been in the car overnight and broken the original brake switch and repaired the other faults, meaning a new brake switch has sorted it Erm?
Posted 5th Mar 2010 at 21:49