displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Stop Light on ??
scott.n

Junior User

Post #1
Right the weather has been terrible here with snow and rain . Last night while nipping out to the shops i noticed the stop light coming on faintly , last time i had that happen on a 6 the head gasket went but tbf the temp was really high on the last one , anyway lol the temp was fine the oil temp was fine , oil level fine , water level fine .. Parked it up in garage last night out this morning fine for about 10 mins into journey light on again , not fully on but on , again all temps perfect etc running fine ... Now having a quick search on here ppl are saying water crap in the bitron unit ? where is this located in the engine so i could try that ?? Cheers and sorry for been a bit stupid and not knowing where it is
Posted 25th Feb 2010 at 13:23
scott.n

Junior User

Post #2
Cleaned up a few of my sensors with wd 40 and now my idle problem is gone Big grin so thats a bonus but the stop light is still coming on .... Anyone help where this bitron unit is???
Posted 26th Feb 2010 at 01:27
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Had same prob on my 6 ??

Does your fans come on at the same time as the light ?

Posted 26th Feb 2010 at 01:31
scott.n

Junior User

Post #4
well 1 of my fans seem to be running ? all the time when stationary .... dont know if its on when first start the car , when first started in the morning the stop light doesnt come on until 10 mins or so down the road.
Posted 26th Feb 2010 at 01:37