displaying posts 1 to 15 of 15

Author Subject: Blaze Gti6
scott.n

Junior User

Post #1
Welcome to my progress blog for my new Gti6 , I purchased the car last week from a work mate who had the car for several years , his mrs is now pregnant and he wanted something cheaper to run with less insurance etc . The car is in need of some work will explain in a moment , so made a stupid offer on it
Posted 22nd Feb 2010 at 02:31
dave2005

Regular

Post #2
Not bad at all for the money mate! , billy bargain, most blazes you see are clean as fook
Posted 23rd Feb 2010 at 02:51
scott.n

Junior User

Post #3
Yeah it was that mate i cant complain lol!
Posted 23rd Feb 2010 at 04:13
bennn

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
bargain! looks like you need new fogs tho!

Cherry Red 306 HDI
Championship White Integra DC5 Type R
Posted 23rd Feb 2010 at 04:20
scott.n

Junior User

Post #5
haha! well spotted didnt notice that , but that will be way down on list of to do things lol
Posted 23rd Feb 2010 at 12:51
scott.n

Junior User

Post #6
Another wee update phoned baker mounts yesterday to see when i would recieve my mount kit , i should have them in about just over a week as he has just improved the design of the top mount so shall get them soon Big grin . Hopefully this will sort the rubbing out!
Posted 23rd Feb 2010 at 12:54
toonboy_84

Senior User

Post #7
Hope your prepared for some serious cockpit vibration at around 1500 rpm with group'n' mounts. Looks a minter for the money. Blaze FTW!

AUTOGLYM LIFESHINE FOR SALE.

XBOX LIVE ID: Dan Blaze GTI 6

Posted 23rd Feb 2010 at 13:05
scott.n

Junior User

Post #8
toonboy_84 wrote:
Hope your prepared for some serious cockpit vibration at around 1500 rpm with group'n' mounts. Looks a minter for the money. Blaze FTW!

Hey as long as it sorts out the rubbing and vast engine movement the now i can live with it LOL I have had a 106 Gti stripped out paddle clutch xsi box and group n mounts before so im sure the 6 will be comfier than that and the 106 i could live with easy haha
Posted 23rd Feb 2010 at 17:12
jonnie205

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
looks good, front splitter is missing tho
Posted 23rd Feb 2010 at 22:46
richierug

Regular

Post #10
What a great buy. Nice one. Did something similar myself [bought a cheap blaze mechanically sound but in need of body maintenance] it's been fun gradually improving it. Hope the mount kit does the trick.

FORMER BLAZE GTI-6 OWNER

Previous owner of Phase 1 GTI-6 P524MPU in blue
Posted 23rd Feb 2010 at 23:12
scott.n

Junior User

Post #11
Jonnie205 - i thought there was something missing lol

richierug - thanks mate ! yeah fingers crossed it sorts it out lol!
Posted 24th Feb 2010 at 01:03
scott.n

Junior User

Post #12
Cleaned a few of the sensors etc and sorted out my idle prob Big grin but i now have another problem the stop light seems to come on very vagely like a dimmer light switch , everything is fine coolant temp etc wise hmmmm lol

Also recieved my bottom engine mount and my gear box mount through so just awaiting on the new updated version of the drivers top mount this week then onto fitting Smile
Posted 27th Feb 2010 at 23:14
scott.n

Junior User

Post #13
Now the stop light is out and my idle prob is back Sad on the up side my mounts are here Big grin
Posted 4th Mar 2010 at 20:41
scott.n

Junior User

Post #14
Another picture less update LOL: . went to do my driver side engine mount last night , to find out a nice wee hole and it needing welding for the locating nut !.. Luckily got a handy guy at work so he is welding a plate to a nut today and will get my mate to weld the plate in tonight and get these mounts on , last night though put the new buffers on and made a differance the nasty noise is gone!! :-D ..
Posted 8th Mar 2010 at 20:13
scott.n

Junior User

Post #15
Well last night my mate welded in the plate and i set about fitting the drivers mount then fitted the gearbox mount , still got the bottom mount to do tonight but so far the difference is immense! so so much better and no nasty noises at all , handles a million times better and brakes alot better aswell! the engine mounts i took off were well past there sell by date ! LOL .. happy chappy just now Big grin
Posted 9th Mar 2010 at 13:03