displaying posts 51 to 75 of 113

Pages (5): first .. 2 [3] 4 .. last

Author Subject: 8v turbo gti6 (pic heavy)
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #51
"Quit yo jibber jabber, fool!" LOL

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 9th Apr 2010 at 06:11
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #52
daveyboy wrote:
eddy_gti6 wrote:
befor i sort the timing belt out i need to get my self a head 1st.

daveyboy can you hire the tension guage from anywhere?

I don't think so, why not get a local garage to tension it once you have fitted it? Might mean getting a tow there but at least you will know it's done correctly.

could do, but can they do it without removing the engine again as there aint much room where the timing belt is?

gnrlee wrote:

this appears to be an up coming look,....Hmm Again! I remember It the first time round!

Pat on the back for the rebuild tho!
Even if your styling is about 20years too late LOL

am on the verge of bringing back the good old days... Whistle

thinking of going white with a chequered roof afain like my old 6. miss that one Sad

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 9th Apr 2010 at 22:19
720puggti

Seasoned Pro

Post #53
Mate I am absolutely gutted for you! I know how it feels when you've poured you're all into a car only for it to go bang! Good luck with the re-rebuild though... I'll be keeping an eye on this Wink

Deepak Gohil

Posted 14th Apr 2010 at 02:19
lwgti-6

Senior User

Post #54
Had a simular problem to you chris after 6000 miles of the head being re conditioned and belts changed. Tensioner sheared off the block taking 15 vales with it "doh!"

All i keep thinking now is "when's it going to happen again Sad"

EX Bianca 6 owner,
Now drives: Octavia vRS
Posted 14th Apr 2010 at 03:04
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #55
i am totaly sick at the minute, hoping it will be on he road again in the next couple of days but thats what i am thinking, dont want it going bang again. once its sorted its getting sold.

dont no what to go for next, just cant afford much at the minute, spent all my money on saving another 6 Smile but once its sorted i want it to go to a good home

am thinking of either a rallye or a moonstone 6... or maybe another 106 gti for the time being as there cheaper to run and insure Happy

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 14th Apr 2010 at 05:43
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #56
picked my head up today after i had a fun day out at flamingo land on the way LOL hoping to get the engine back together tomorrow and fitted so i can give it a run out on friday.

one of my mates has a timing belt tool so he is coming down tomorrow afternoon to fit it for me. so fingers crossed nothing else can go wrong Unsure

Posted 15th Apr 2010 at 03:54
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #57
Finaly have my 6 back on the road Big grin got it up and running on friday had a drive about for a few hours and on my way home the clutch peddle stuck to the floor, then i shot up and went hard. pulled in to the street to park up and there was no drive Sad its becoming 1 thing after another.

so saturday, had my friend bring his recovery truck down to take it back to the garage for me, as he was turning round he cought my passanger side door and left a nice big dint in it Angry. took the box and clutch of to find the clutch had fell apart. so fitted a new AP clutch £98 more out of pocket...

been out and about today and fingers crossed all if fine Big grin

now i can concentrate on the body work, needing a front bumper, got a bonnet and now a door. thinking of loosing the morettes and getting black masks, smoothing the bonnet boot and doors.

Posted 18th Apr 2010 at 22:51
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #58
well for some reason yesterday my altonator belt snapped. was brand new last week. Hmm strange

heres an update on why i think my beltslipped last time and bent the valves, take a look at these...

must have been some stress on these for one to snat the pin off and the other to crack. luckily i had a spare set Smile

just been to pick up a new belt and get a bonnet for a mate, just needs painting. need to find a bumper and a door now. heres what my mate done with his recovery truck Angry very lucky he didnt hit the rear ¼

Posted 20th Apr 2010 at 16:24
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #59
Doh are you still friends?

that's at least a new door! I doubt that will pop out! Sad

Proud Member of the ASTOR Owners Club
Posted 20th Apr 2010 at 17:41
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #60
gnrlee wrote:
Doh are you still friends?

that's at least a new door! I doubt that will pop out! Sad

i no, new door job. i want a black one as i dont want to have to paint it. he offered to buy me a new one so i aint gona fall out over that LOL

Posted 20th Apr 2010 at 17:53
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #61
the 6 is finaly running fine, well... it keeps snapping altonator belts. i think thats down to the air con pully tho. But anyway, now my 6 is running well i decided to do abit of body work today.

fixed the dent in the door, it wasnt to bad once i knocked it out, also removed the door lock. had a plate welded in and filled. once i done that i deciede to do the boot lid bonnet and grill Big grin still some rubbing down to be done on the door then painted.

Posted 28th Apr 2010 at 00:02
kraig

Regular

Post #62
coming along well bud smoothing looks gooooooood Big grin

Phase 2 Bianca White GTI-6 173.3 BHP & 150.9 LBFT Big grin
Mods- magnex decat ss exhaust
BMC Induction Kit quickshift
uprated gear linkages
strutbrace stripped out
rally designs bucket seats
sabelt 4 point harnesses
Big grin i love the 6 Big grin

Posted 28th Apr 2010 at 14:33
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #63
thanks Big grin what do people think about me doing another chequered roof but black and red this time??? LOL

Posted 28th Apr 2010 at 16:09
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #64
Update: just fitted my rallye aux belt set up this weekend and got rid of the red cyclones. i have gone for white again Big grin tried lowering it again but i can not get them damn washers to budge...

pics to follow. next update will be a chequered roof and windows tinted i think.

Posted 4th May 2010 at 14:55
mr2swzo

Regular

Post #65
Seen this car today at asda, well i heard the thing before i seen it tbh! I was in abit of a rush to get home after a long boring shop so did'nt hang about. Are you replicating your previous six by any chance?
Posted 9th May 2010 at 11:55
mr2swzo

Regular

Post #66
Seen this car today at asda, well i heard the thing before i seen it tbh! I was in abit of a rush to get home after a long boring shop so did'nt hang about. Are you replicating your previous six by any chance?
Posted 9th May 2010 at 11:55
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #67
mr2swzo wrote:

LOL i wasnt going to, i was going to do it different but decided as my old 6 has been changed i may as well re do it as i miss that car Sad just this 6 is smooth LOL should be painted in the next couple of weeks ready for FCS Big grin

Posted 10th May 2010 at 04:00
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #68
little update on haw my 6 is looking today, just a few weeks away from FCS and still needs painting:

Posted 10th May 2010 at 17:06
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #69
just when things were going well and my 6 is ready for painting, BANG!!!! bottom end has gone. getting fed up with this car now.

anyone want to buy it befor it goes to the crusher?

Posted 14th May 2010 at 19:09
spike_uk06

Seasoned Pro

Post #70
Bad luck buddy... Shitty news that Sad

You reckon its to do with the fact that you've rebuilt the engine twice? Did that include the bottom end?

Team China
Team Pirelli
Team Cracked Bumper
20th Nov 1999 she was born
Posted 14th May 2010 at 19:17
6waysforward

Seasoned Pro

Post #71
bad luck fella. whats happened or have you not investigated it any further?? Sad

are you going to sell it or repair it?

1st dibs on the moretts Smile

***Breaking*** Ph3 Silver GTI 6 High Boost Superman

Posted 14th May 2010 at 19:19
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #72
spike_uk06 wrote:
Bad luck buddy... Shitty news that Sad

You reckon its to do with the fact that you've rebuilt the engine twice? Did that include the bottom end?

ist time i put a new piston and conrod in and had the crank reground but then the belt slipped and bent the valves so i got a new bottom end and a head. now the bottom end has gone and i sold my spare bottom end to a lad on here yesterday. what a stroke of bad look Cry

Posted 14th May 2010 at 19:20
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #73
6waysforward wrote:
bad luck fella. whats happened or have you not investigated it any further?? Sad

are you going to sell it or repair it?

1st dibs on the moretts Smile

the bottom end has just gone today on my way down the A1 so i aint investigated yet but it 100% sounds like the bottom end.

not sure what to do with it as i need a car and dont realy want to brake it as it will take ages to sell parts to fund for a new car.

i would maybe swap for a phase 1 306 d.turbo 3 door for now but only if i cant find a cheap enough bottom end. priced it up befor to get the crnk re ground and new shells and i am looking at £200, i no i didnt pay that much last time Huh?

Posted 14th May 2010 at 19:26
southernfool

Seasoned Pro

Post #74
Oh dear sounds like a total nightmare!
Posted 14th May 2010 at 19:49
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #75
f*cking hell mate get rid! sounds like a lemon to me! how much more money are you going to throw at it

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 15th May 2010 at 00:53

Pages (5): first .. 2 [3] 4 .. last