displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Fans issue
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Hi guys,

I'm not particularly electrically minded but my HDi has developed a cooling fan issue. I woke up this morning and 1 fan was running all by itself - with the car turned off and locked!

It became apparent this morning and had been running itself all night. Last night there was heavy snow in Peterborough and i did 200+ miles in hammering rain then - everything was still damp around the front of the bay this morning after being parked up 8 hours or so.

The HDi doesn't quite need it's fans in this weather so for now i've pulled the fan fuse, but what's likely to have caused this? I can't understand how it can run with no ignition on! Hoping like the rest of the electrical problems it'll cure itself. Razz

Cheers.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Bianca LBSC Rallye - Track/Road Slag Project Thread
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 19th Feb 2010 at 23:07
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Just for the record here FWIW I solved this problem a couple of weekends ago having pulled the fan fuse 5 months ago. The connector that joins the fans loom to the body loom was green across half of the pins, it was in a right state.

One of the pins had corroded away completely, which turned out to be a 12V feed to the left fan. I bypassed this with a separate fused wire, and cleaned the hell out of the connector with contact cleaner and a jewellery screwdriver. Fans now work as they should, but it's a problem which seems to affect most of the 306s.

This is the body side, the better of the two.

Nice.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Bianca LBSC Rallye - Track/Road Slag Project Thread
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 4th Aug 2010 at 01:12
sixysix

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
That's good news Smile
I think my plug may have similar problems but the fans are behaving thmselves again (for now) since I had the head work and rad replaced Crazy

I will be checking the fan connector on mine next month to see what it's like Smile

My Pugrun 2007/2009 video clips
Take a look

Pugrun 2007...Lose yourself Laugh

Xbox Live ID: Marksixysix (Forza 3, Forza 4 PES 2010, COD 6/MW2, WRC 2010).

PSN ID: MarkSixysix ( DiRT 3 GT5, NFS:Hot pursuit).

P1 Diablo red 6 gone but not forgotten Sad
Posted 4th Aug 2010 at 04:01