displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Weird/Odd Spark plugs help
mrp

Regular

Post #1
Ok my car wouldnt start last week so I took the plugs out to inspect, they were very black so I cleaned them up put them back in and Hey Presto car started fine.

BUT I noticed that the plugs were NGK IFR6T11's iridiums!!!, I have done a search and they seem to be listed for toyotas, lexus and Lotus Elises (toyota engine) not a gti6.

So I was a bit confused as to how they are in my car? Roughly 7-8 months ago I took my car to be mapped, so I thought it would be an ideal time to buy some new spark plugs (NGK BKR6EK's) and left them on the passenger seat for them to fit, so basically some numpty mixed up my plugs with someone elses and fitted these when mapping my car.

So what do you guys think I should do?

Like ive said they have been in there for around 7-8 months and I have not noticed apart from maybe a bit more fuel consumption which I had put down to rising fuel prices.

I know Iridium plugs are quite exspensive so wasnt sure if I should keep them?

I should mention my Gti6 is on throttle bodies and is fitted in a 205 so no Cat just in case that makes a difference.

Posted 16th Feb 2010 at 20:36
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
what car the engine is in wont make a difference nor will the fact it has no cat Smile

have you compared the length of the threaded section and the type of seat?

to be honest I would fit the standard NGK's, and look to get the car mapped from cold, this will help your fuel consumption a lot, its an area of mapping that is often neglected as mappers get the cars warm and only work on them warm, obviously its extra time+cost, but i'd rather that than waste cash on fuel and risk the chances of bore-wash.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 16th Feb 2010 at 20:49
mrp

Regular

Post #3
I only mentioned what car it was in so people would have an idea as to what type of spec/setup the enigne is ie having a mappable ecu no lamba cat etc etc.

I havent compared the plugs as I dont have any standard ones to compare them too.

These iridium plugs are on ebay for
Posted 16th Feb 2010 at 21:12