displaying posts 1 to 8 of 8

Author Subject: Few Probs lol
scott.n

Junior User

Post #1
Right first off just got my 2nd Gti6 last night its a totally standard example with a few probs Whistle . First prob to solve - idle is hunting between 1k-1.5k revs then sometimes dies , going by the few posts i have read on here sounds like the icv ?? where is the best place to get one ? and rough likely cost ?

Second prob - When applying a lot of throttle in say 1st 2nd or 3rd i get a lod sort of rattle like the drive shaft is hitting off something ?? sort of rubbing noise loud from drivers side . But whebn in 4th or above its ok ?

Anyone help a newbie with the above LOL
Posted 16th Feb 2010 at 13:01
ballardpaul

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
ICV about

Phase 2 Blaze GTi 6 (Standard) Sold
Phase 3 Supercharged China GTi 6 (249.8 BHP) Sold
Phase 3 Supercharged Diablo GTi 6 (443 BHP)Sold
Nissan 350Z (300 BHP)
Posted 17th Feb 2010 at 03:19
scott.n

Junior User

Post #3
I had checked eurocarparts but they didnt have any listed ? Will try the likes of GSF aswell thanks :-)

Another wee prob i forgot to mention is aswell the air con pump is noisy! another common prob so im lead to believe ? can you just get an alternator belt to suit a rallye and bypass the pump or do i need to replace the pump ?

Cheers in advance Smile
Posted 16th Feb 2010 at 15:42
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #4
The ICV maybe listed as a stepper motor with eurocar parts

Rattling could be a shagged engine mount
Posted 16th Feb 2010 at 15:48
scott.n

Junior User

Post #5
Does seem as though the mount could be broken would that cause the shaft to hit rattle off something ? as said only does it when accelerating hard
Posted 16th Feb 2010 at 16:27
scott.n

Junior User

Post #6
Assuming its the mount , where is the best place to get one ? and how much roughly ?
Posted 16th Feb 2010 at 16:55
ballardpaul

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Have to get the whole rallye set up for the aux belt, only a few parts have a search. Prob get one for about

Phase 2 Blaze GTi 6 (Standard) Sold
Phase 3 Supercharged China GTi 6 (249.8 BHP) Sold
Phase 3 Supercharged Diablo GTi 6 (443 BHP)Sold
Nissan 350Z (300 BHP)
Posted 17th Feb 2010 at 03:20
scott.n

Junior User

Post #8
Cool will keep an eye out for a setup - Right got another icv from carl and got that fitted last night and same prob idleing still hunting ? it hasnt cut out this time but idles between 900 - 1000 then up to 1500 then drops right down like its going to cut out . It does not affect it any way at all when driving , still plenty of power no flat spots or anything . Anything else i can check myself ? The pipe that goes from the ind pipe to the ICV is has come away from the ind pipe alltogether but carl says that wont cause the prob ( it is pushed back in the hole ) . Anyone else recomend some more checks for me ?

cheers

Scott.
Posted 19th Feb 2010 at 15:43