displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: ABS sensor removal
iplay

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Can I unplug the front ABS sensor and drive the car without warning lights etc?
Posted 16th Feb 2010 at 04:14
cosmic spanner

Moral objector

Post #2
No sorry if a sensor is disconnected it will log it as a fault and the ABS warning light will come on (and no ABS, but you can still drive the car obv.)

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch..
..Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Project é - my 306 project thread.
Posted 16th Feb 2010 at 04:33
iplay

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
cosmic spanner wrote:
No sorry if a sensor is disconnected it will log it as a fault and the ABS warning light will come on (and no ABS, but you can still drive the car obv.)

If I drive the car and then reconnect a new ABS sensor will it clear the fault code or would it require fault code removal by Peugeot?

I was fitting a new top mounts, hubs, struts and dampers and the old ABS sensor would not come out Angry
Posted 16th Feb 2010 at 04:49
smegal

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
If you replace the sensor and unplug the battery it will clear the code, well it will at remove the ABS light on the dash (I needed a new sensor on mine when I got it and the light went away with a replacement).

Ex SC-6

Now in a Megane R26
Posted 16th Feb 2010 at 04:53
cosmic spanner

Moral objector

Post #5
Yeah you can either disconnect the battery, or I've been told after "a number" of ignition off/on it will clear logged faults as well... but AFAICS every time you fire it up, the ABS unit checks the status of the sensors - if they check out OK, then it should be happy.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch..
..Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Project é - my 306 project thread.
Posted 16th Feb 2010 at 05:44
Rich E Forum Admin

Post #6
You don't even need to disconnect the battery. The fault will clear when a good signal is received from all sensors at above 8mph.

Rich
Posted 17th Feb 2010 at 21:31
smighall

Smeg-all

Post #7
As Rich says. Hence why whenever you put a car on a RR you'll get the ABS light on indicating a fault as the fronts have been spinning and the rears stationary so it thinks the rear sensors are f*cked.

Meh

Seat Leon Cupra FR / 306 GTI6 / Breaking 205 GTI6 / Caterham 7 / Mercedes Sprinter 311CDI LWB

Sold: Fisher Fury - Laguna DCI Estate - P1 306 XSI - E30 BMW 325i Baur Convertible - Daihatsu Fourtack - Suzuki GSXR600 - 205 Rallye
Posted 17th Feb 2010 at 21:40