displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: Wheel bolts & OZ Spacers
anderoo

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
My OZ's are currently held on with the normal 50mm aftermarket bolts. Since fitting 330mm disks and bells I'm not convinced the bolts are long enough anymore so I'm looking for 60mm bolts but can't find them in the right fitment. Sad

Can anyone suggest somewhere that sells M12x1.25 with a 60mm length, 60 degree taper and 19mm hex? Unsure

I found some that had a 17mm hex head, does it make any difference aside from having to use a smaller socket? Crazy

Any help gratefully received! Smile

Pics of my 6
My 6 on Google Video thanks to coxy306Xsi
Posted 13th Feb 2010 at 21:58
smegal

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
anderoo wrote:

I found some that had a 17mm hex head, does it make any difference aside from having to use a smaller socket? Crazy

They should be fine. I can only find 17mm headed longer flat seated bolts.

Ex SC-6

Now in a Megane R26
Posted 13th Feb 2010 at 23:14
Boab

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Try these guys. thats where i got mine from.

PH3 Team AstorGTi 6 owner
Posted 14th Feb 2010 at 01:07
anderoo

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
I took the wheels off for some measurements tonight and I was a little surprised with what I found, the 330mm bells aren't significantly thicker if thicker at all than the normal disks so I ruled them out as causing the problem.

I'm using the proper OZ spacer kit which is a 26mm spacer and 50mm bolts. I roughly measured the brake disk at around 7mm and the wheel at about 1cm thick. After the spacer that only leaves around 8mm to screw into the hub.

From a quick google it seems the minimum thread engagement needed for M12x1.25 bolts is 9 turns which would be 11.25mm in the hub, I'm only getting about 6-7 turns.

After 6 turns in the hub the bolt will still wobble, after 9 turns it is rock solid.

In my (uneducated LOL ) opinion it seems the OZ spacer and bolt kit isn't fit for purpose, and I'm fairly sure it's the cause of the clonking noise I've been getting recently which goes away after loosening and re-tightening the wheel bolts.

I'll be finding different fixings asap.

Pics of my 6
Posted 17th Feb 2010 at 00:07
smighall

Smeg-all

Post #5
Give rally design a call tomorrow. Although they aren't listed on the website they can probably get them easy enough.

Meh

Seat Leon Cupra FR / 306 GTI6 / Breaking 205 GTI6 / Caterham 7 / Mercedes Sprinter 311CDI LWB

Sold: Fisher Fury - Laguna DCI Estate - P1 306 XSI - E30 BMW 325i Baur Convertible - Daihatsu Fourtack - Suzuki GSXR600 - 205 Rallye
Posted 17th Feb 2010 at 00:23
anderoo

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
I'm probably going to go for a stud conversion, currently trying to work out what stud length I need and what depth the thread is on closed wheel nuts. Blink

Pics of my 6
Posted 17th Feb 2010 at 01:01
teo79

Junior User

Post #7
Give demon tweeks a call they will sort you out with the right bolts.

tjones
Posted 5th Nov 2010 at 18:57