displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: Parts needed for converting ignition for aftermarket ecu?
devere

Senior User

Post #1
Just wondering what parts i would need to convert my Rallye from the individual coilpacks to a single. Want to make things simpler and easier for troubleshooting if anything ever crops up while rallying.

Im also wanting to get an OMEX ecu in the near future and know i kind of need to use a different set up. Is the 106 ralley coilpack the one to use..?

And also, whats required for changing the plug, to plug in to the new coilpack?

I did a search but couldnt find any information on this really. unless i didnt search the right terms! lol.

Cheers.
Posted 13th Feb 2010 at 00:46
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
you can't change to a single coil pack without changing the ecu for an aftermarket one as it runs a sequential spark not a wasted spark.

Its easy enough to trace a fault with a coil pack, you get a misfire, unplug it and if you get no change in the misfire that's your faulty unit, simple diagnostics Smile

As these are not that common a fault I would stick with them as they do away with the need for ignition leads or a remotely mounted coil pack.

I saw that Miles commented that the Emerald ecu can handle the 4 individual coilpacks as standard, the basic Omex doesnt handle this and you'd need to go to the 710 ecu which costs a bit more.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 13th Feb 2010 at 01:15