displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: Quick rev counter question
rallye1999

Senior User

Post #1
My rev counter packed in the other day so have done a quick search and seems it's quite common, I tried swapping the fuel pump relays between both my 306's but the problem is still there so I'm guessing the relays are both ok, fuses are all fine, would this be a fairly simple job for a auto electrician as I m pretty useless with electrics,
Posted 6th Feb 2010 at 21:37
rallye1999

Senior User

Post #2
also a couple of days previous to rev counter failing the fuel pump constantly primed (ok now) and idle held at 3k when started it up, shut it off and re-started it then jumped from 1-1.5k (now its ok also)i might swap the clocks over but failing that could the ecu stop the rev counter working?
Posted 26th Feb 2010 at 02:45
rallye1999

Senior User

Post #3
Just wonderd if a rev counter could be directly wired in and bypassing the loom? I was thinking it might be possible to do it the same way as 205 conversions by bridging the coils, would the rev counter accept the signal or is it a different type of signal?
Posted 21st Apr 2010 at 01:48
rallye1999

Senior User

Post #4
Changed the clocks, ecu, crank sensor and fuel pump relay, checked the big plug behind rad and ..............nothing lol
Posted 24th Apr 2010 at 22:51
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #5
are you sure the clock's rev counter was working on the new clocks? did you see them working?

apparently it can be down to the solder on the back of the circuit board i re soldered mine and painstakingly re-built the little white motor,.. now it just twitched on turn over and turn off Crazy

Proud Member of the ASTOR Owners Club
Posted 21st May 2010 at 06:18
rallye1999

Senior User

Post #6
gnrlee wrote:
are you sure the clock's rev counter was working on the new clocks? did you see them working?

apparently it can be down to the solder on the back of the circuit board i re soldered mine and painstakingly re-built the little white motor,.. now it just twitched on turn over and turn off Crazy

yeah they work as ive got two rallyes and kept swapping bits over, ive given up at the moment and am building a set of clocks myself, hopefully with central rev counter and oil preassure and oil temp, water temp and fuel level, going to use an autogauge 9117 adapter to get the tacho working
Posted 21st May 2010 at 13:08