displaying posts 1 to 1 of 1

Author Subject: Help wobbly steering
jambo85

Regular

Post #1
Hi i have had my 2nd gti for couple months now but not taken on the back roads due to shit weather. On way back from work took her for a spin on country road. Took her up to 90 on slight left turn which my 1st gti can take easily at over 100mph (the road is no longer used hence stupid speeds).
But as soon as the car hit slight imperfection on road it wobbled and i felt like i was going to lose control. I noticed its got bad over steer and wobbles like crazy when going fast and hitting slight bumps. The drop links and springs and rear bushes have all recently been replaced. What else could could this to had such unsteady handling compared to what it should feel like?
Also it does not speed up in 6th gear at about sitting at 50mph 2500rpm when going up the slightest of hills. Im concerned its about to die on me!Unsure

Back to my phase 2 in black on the road.
Phase 3 sold after spending fortune on it.. It wont be missed.
AFTER a phase 3 tailgate in black and front bumper in ace condition.
Posted 5th Feb 2010 at 22:53