displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: Urgent brake help
leebus

Senior User

Post #1
Right, last Saturday I changed my brake pipes and fluid. I bleed them with no trouble. I have driven the car everyday since with no trouble at all. Just finished work, got in the car and moved forward, hit the brake pedal and it went to the floor. I checked around and there's no fluid leak visible. The resevoir has emptied. I filled the pot again and pumped the pedal, it comes back untill you stop then it goes away straight away.

Surely it can't be an air lock after this long, and with them working so well up untill now?

Any ideas?

Cheers

Phase 3 White6

Posted 4th Feb 2010 at 20:21
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
probably worn out M/C seals, might have a servo full of brake fluid!

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 4th Feb 2010 at 20:35
al4x

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
bleed it again if you can pump it back up and hold pressure till you've driven then it may sort it. If you pump it up and you can feel the pedal sinking slowly then you have a leak, my inkling would be one you've not spotted though usually a little fluid goes a long way!!
Posted 4th Feb 2010 at 20:48
leebus

Senior User

Post #4
Well I have brakes to a degree, altho there isn't any pedal when I drove across the yard and hit the pedal when it got to the very bottom of the stroke the brakes came on and work well. I can get the car to stop very quickly.
But the pedal has gone. It has stainless braided pipes so normally they do very little movement at all.

Phase 3 White6

Posted 4th Feb 2010 at 21:06
leebus

Senior User

Post #5
al4x wrote:
bleed it again if you can pump it back up and hold pressure till you've driven then it may sort it. If you pump it up and you can feel the pedal sinking slowly then you have a leak, my inkling would be one you've not spotted though usually a little fluid goes a long way!!

The resevoir had emptied it's self

Phase 3 White6

Posted 4th Feb 2010 at 21:08
al4x

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
keep looking top it up and get it up on a ramp you'll be hard pressed to check all the brake pipes properly without getting under it
Posted 4th Feb 2010 at 21:17