displaying posts 1 to 9 of 9

Author Subject: Modifying the Inlet manifold
kezman7

Senior User

Post #1
Was having a noisy at an Inlet manifold today and noticed that inside the cylinder the 4 pipes stick thought into the middle like so....

Now my thought was would you be able to remove these to allow less restriction to the air flowing thought? Such as cut it open, cut them off then polish so theres no edge, weld back together. Job done?

Posted 4th Feb 2010 at 05:41
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
theres been a couple of threads on here about this, and i think it made a loss not a gain as them trumpets are thereto help the torque curve

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 4th Feb 2010 at 06:10
cosmic spanner

Moral objector

Post #3
See here Wink

Peugeot weren't complete idiots, you know! I mean, compare the GTI6 manifolds (inlet and exhaust for that matter) to equivalents from other hatchbacks etc. or even to things like the 306 XSI, and you'll see time, effort and expense was put into developing these components..

The way I'd look at it (for a standardish NA engine) why would they bother putting those bell-mouths in there, if all they had to do was dremmel the f*ckers off for instant big win..? Wink

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch..
..Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Project é - my 306 project thread.
Posted 4th Feb 2010 at 06:29
bonzo

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
cosmic spanner wrote:

The way I'd look at it (for a standardish NA engine) why would they bother putting those bell-mouths in there, if all they had to do was dremmel the f*ckers off for instant big win..? Wink

Laugh my ass off Good call!

Ninja Black Rallye Ninja
Posted 4th Feb 2010 at 06:33
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
I would say if you were forcing air into the inlet with a turbo or charger they might be a restriction,but on a standard engine thats sucking the air in,as above,they have been developed for thatWink

Red GTB1756 powered Fabia VRS daily driver,LBSC Gti6 eater........

Mac1 ZR R1 kit car build in progress.
Posted 4th Feb 2010 at 15:26
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #6
Been done to death on here, only works with big valves, high RPM and high lift/long duration cams, then you need a less restrictive ehaust system to get rid of all the extra gasses. Thats why the modified manifold worked on BTCC engines just fine, but it loses power on an otherwise standard engine, trust me, I tried Wink

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 4th Feb 2010 at 16:22
cooper666

Senior User

Post #7
are these looking at the inlet manifolds 4 ports because if it is mine hasnt got the trumpets.had it of at weekend and cleaned it out when fitting new ptfe gaskit sure i would have noticed these: scratch that just looked at old thread there in the chamber Doh

clio r27
ps3 id:cooperkloe

Posted 4th Feb 2010 at 21:50
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #8
these are inside the inlet plenum, so no you wouildnt have seen them unless you looked inside through the throttle body aperture.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 4th Feb 2010 at 21:47
cooper666

Senior User

Post #9
welshpug! wrote:
these are inside the inlet plenum, so no you wouildnt have seen them unless you looked inside through the throttle body aperture.

just edited last post when i realised
LOL

clio r27
ps3 id:cooperkloe

Posted 4th Feb 2010 at 21:51