displaying posts 1 to 22 of 22

Author Subject: Strange cig lighter question
mpaul

Regular

Post #1
My cig lighter socket works if i power something in it such as a sat nav etc, but for some reason the cigarette lighter itself doesnt work, i.e doesnt stay in and then pop out. I have even tried another lighter in it but that doesnt work. Any suggestions?
Posted 2nd Feb 2010 at 00:01
sixysix

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Mine does the same for some reason.
Not had a chance to look at it yet though.

My Pugrun 2007/2009 video clips
Take a look

Pugrun 2007...Lose yourself Laugh

Xbox Live ID: Marksixysix (Forza 3, Forza 4 PES 2010, COD 6/MW2, WRC 2010).

PSN ID: MarkSixysix ( DiRT 3 GT5, NFS:Hot pursuit).

P1 Diablo red 6 gone but not forgotten Sad
Posted 2nd Feb 2010 at 00:06
pooouk

Regular

Post #3
Sounds like the little "prongs" in the socket have got bent in. Have a look down inside it and you should see them (they hold onto the lighter when you push it in) get a pen and bend them in slightly.Satnavs etc... usually have springs on the side to hold them in, thats why they still work

Nick

AKA nick on 205gtidrivers.com
Posted 2nd Feb 2010 at 00:07
mpaul

Regular

Post #4
Its a weird one, i cant figure it out lol
Posted 2nd Feb 2010 at 00:07
jonnyboy17

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
if u push and hold the lighter in the socket, does it heat up and glow like it should?

mine is the same.

Team Dirty Black... Formerly Known as Astor

sharland wrote:
When women don't behave like they do on brazzers.com in real life it disappoints me.

rikky wrote:

the day i own a credit card is the day i saw my helmet off and fire it from a potato cannon
Posted 2nd Feb 2010 at 00:12
mpaul

Regular

Post #6
Yeah, i got bored though, but it defintely warms up. Am guessing that whatever it 'clicks' into is missing or something?
Posted 2nd Feb 2010 at 00:14
pooouk

Regular

Post #7
....or it could be the prongs that have got bent in.....

Nick

AKA nick on 205gtidrivers.com
Posted 2nd Feb 2010 at 00:37
mpaul

Regular

Post #8
Prongs on where? the lighter socket?
Posted 2nd Feb 2010 at 00:45
crf450

Senior User

Post #9
For f*ck sake, pooouk has told what the problem is,go and sort the job out then come back in and thank pooouk for the trouble he's gone to answering you question correctly.

Quote "da g man!"
"You've only got to watch the "306 vs ringtaxi" video & you soon realise how good these mod's are! That guy is running Ash's 30mm ARB, Solid Mounts & 23mm Torsion Bars & some adjustments on the camber. Admittedly, the guy is an awesome driver, but it just go's to show how well these cars can handle with the right modification's
Posted 2nd Feb 2010 at 00:46
china_306 Banned!

Post #10
yup i agree its the "prongs" in the actual holder, just bend them out a little as said before Smile
Posted 2nd Feb 2010 at 00:47
mpaul

Regular

Post #11
crf450 wrote:
For f*ck sake, pooouk has told what the problem is,go and sort the job out then come back in and thank pooouk for the trouble he's gone to answering you question correctly.

Get off your high horse. I obviously didnt know, otherwise i wouldn't be asking. No need to be a prick. My gf actually has my car all week, 60 odd miles away. Was just asking the question for when i get it back.
Posted 2nd Feb 2010 at 01:01
oecken

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
Too be honest, yes if he had re-read his own thread he would have seen it, but no need to be complete c*nt about it, no wonder not many noobies stick around.

Sad Ex-Black 6 Ninja - Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.
Posted 2nd Feb 2010 at 01:02
china_306 Banned!

Post #13
oecken wrote:
Too be honest, yes if he had re-read his own thread he would have seen it, but no need to be complete c*nt about it, no wonder not many noobies stick around.

+1 Smile
Posted 2nd Feb 2010 at 01:03
mpaul

Regular

Post #14
lol, I just re-read the thread, it was posted at the exact same time (to the second) as my post, so didnt see it. Could have just pointed it out instead of being a twat to be honest crf450.

Its oeckens post that made me reread it from the start and see the answer I had missed.
Posted 2nd Feb 2010 at 01:06
jcphat

Seasoned Pro

Post #15
oecken wrote:

The ones that do tend to be quite good qualityCool

New Forum same high quality intellectual debate!
Team Zimmer™
Posted 2nd Feb 2010 at 01:11
crf450

Senior User

Post #16
I realised you posted a reply at the same time but you continued to post without a acknowledging pooouk.
If your gonna start a thread to gain some knowledge at least have the decency to read back over your thread to see what advice is being offered.
Now go and mend your fag lighter.

Quote "da g man!"
"You've only got to watch the "306 vs ringtaxi" video & you soon realise how good these mod's are! That guy is running Ash's 30mm ARB, Solid Mounts & 23mm Torsion Bars & some adjustments on the camber. Admittedly, the guy is an awesome driver, but it just go's to show how well these cars can handle with the right modification's
Posted 2nd Feb 2010 at 01:16
mpaul

Regular

Post #17
Honestly, get f*cked mate. I didnt realise the post was there, because i had posted, saw my post, and didnt know he had posted at the same time. Then he replied again, without saying he had posted it before.

Get over yourself, i missed the post he originally made, and you came into the thread like a twat. You could have just pointed it out politely, as you reckon you noticed i had posted at the same time. I then asked for clarification after reading his second post that mentioned prongs.

If you bothered to read the thread again, you would see i dont have my car at the moment. I will have a look at it when i get my car, and can thank him for the solution ifm it is that, but thanks for his reply anyway. So instead of being so concerned about telling me to go mend mine, why dont you go f*ck yourself with yours?
Posted 2nd Feb 2010 at 02:11
sixysix

Seasoned Pro

Post #18
Good advise pooouk, makes sense to me Thumbs up

As for the handbags, give it a rest ladies Blink

So how do I fix the lighter? Whistle

My Pugrun 2007/2009 video clips
Take a look

Pugrun 2007...Lose yourself Laugh

Xbox Live ID: Marksixysix (Forza 3, Forza 4 PES 2010, COD 6/MW2, WRC 2010).

PSN ID: MarkSixysix ( DiRT 3 GT5, NFS:Hot pursuit).

P1 Diablo red 6 gone but not forgotten Sad
Posted 2nd Feb 2010 at 04:01
reaperman

Regular

Post #19
OMG.... I have been away from this site for nearly a year now and what a hostile place this has become!!

Spot on advice pooouk Thumbs up

97 Sigma Blue GTI-6
Posted 2nd Feb 2010 at 04:07
oecken

Seasoned Pro

Post #20
reaperman wrote:
OMG.... I have been away from this site for nearly a year now and what a hostile place this has become!!

but notice who the majority of the hostility is coming as of late Whistle (thats the whole site, not just this thread btw! Razz)

Sad Ex-Black 6 Ninja - Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.
Posted 2nd Feb 2010 at 04:23
reaperman

Regular

Post #21
oecken wrote:
reaperman wrote:

but notice who the majority of the hostility is coming as of late Whistle (thats the whole site, not just this thread btw! Razz)

I have noticed fella.... shame really Roll eyes

97 Sigma Blue GTI-6
Posted 2nd Feb 2010 at 04:33
mpaul

Regular

Post #22
Well, got my car back today, and have had a look at the lighter, and tweaked out the prongs and hey presto it works.

Thanks pooouk for the advice.
Posted 5th Feb 2010 at 20:48