displaying posts 26 to 34 of 34

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: Iphone 3G Head unit
CUJ

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
I just want something to play the music stored on my ip4, not worried about it doubling up as a handsfree kit for calls.

340 horses
Posted 31st Dec 2010 at 03:57
smighall

Smeg-all

Post #27
I bought one of these for the Leon.

Can't fault it really, seperate lead for Ipod/Iphone runs out the back and you can feed it to somewhere sensible, additional USB on the front and built in bluetooth.

I got it from my local Halfords at the web price too.

Meh

Seat Leon Cupra FR / 306 GTI6 / Breaking 205 GTI6 / Caterham 7 / Mercedes Sprinter 311CDI LWB

Sold: Fisher Fury - Laguna DCI Estate - P1 306 XSI - E30 BMW 325i Baur Convertible - Daihatsu Fourtack - Suzuki GSXR600 - 205 Rallye
Posted 31st Dec 2010 at 12:35
SteviePut

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
smighall wrote:
I bought one of these for the Leon.

Can't fault it really, seperate lead for Ipod/Iphone runs out the back and you can feed it to somewhere sensible, additional USB on the front and built in bluetooth.

I got it from my local Halfords at the web price too.

That's exactly the Alpine I've got in the pug SeanLOL

This kit I talk of, that we have in the Passat, plays music and is a hand free kit, and is all done via Bluetooth. I'll have a word with Helen about it Jon. Might be able to get you a good price. It's not hard to fit either, just plug and playSmile But I'll need to know the make and model of your stereo that in the motor.

Edit: This is what we've got fitted.

My old man wrote me a letter from prison once. It said if you don't want to end up in here, stay away from crime, women and drugs. Trouble is, that don't leave you much else to do, does it?
Posted 31st Dec 2010 at 12:47
CUJ

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
fletch wrote:
CUJ wrote:
Fletch did you get that Alpine? I'm after a new HU to link with my IP4, ideally no more than £200 tbh but if the HU is worth it I'll pay a little more. Don't mind if USB port is front or rear. Should be some bargains in the sales.

I did mate yeah, it was proper pricey, but works great, hid the cable behind the dash. You need to pay even more for phone integration though - requires an additional module. Tried cheaper models with bluetooth built in, but none were as slick at browsing for tracks etc on the move.

Works great with iPhone 4 too.

Found a second hand one for a ton-fifty, just trying to knock the seller down on price but condition looks great so will probs get it Thumbs up

*edit - I've now purchased it Happy

340 horses
Posted 3rd Jan 2011 at 16:42
musclebeach

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
So how are people getting on with the Ipod head units? I got sick of the timewasting it took scrolling through artists. Only time it comes into it's own is when i'm on my own......mates were like wtf is this! Nothing quicker than an Aux cable Thumbs up

VW Golf GT TDI 115, 100k nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Posted 3rd Jan 2011 at 23:43
maxdrz400

Post #31
have you considered getting the fm transmiter for the iphone/pod the cost between 10 and 20 quid plug into the bottomand transmit your music at a set frequency all you have to do is tune your radio into it. iv got one built in to my phone (nokia n8) but if i didnt id most probably buy one there cheap and cheerful wireless which is always a bonus and the sound quality is the same as a cd also you can keep your old headunit fitted
Posted 4th Jan 2011 at 02:34
fletch

Track Head

Post #32
musclebeach wrote:
So how are people getting on with the Ipod head units? I got sick of the timewasting it took scrolling through artists. Only time it comes into it's own is when i'm on my own......mates were like wtf is this! Nothing quicker than an Aux cable Thumbs up

Piece of p*ss, hold in jog wheel and twist to move through the alphabet, or just scroll it round like a volume control to move songs.
Posted 5th Jan 2011 at 02:58
fletch

Track Head

Post #33
You tube vid

Shows how the scrolling works (2.40) but don't think he uses the function to skip by letter.
Posted 5th Jan 2011 at 03:08
CUJ

Seasoned Pro

Post #34
In terms of a cradle for the iP4, are they are all pretty similar? Fitted the new Alpine earlier, got a problem with the earth wire which we need to sort out first but the stereo works Smile

340 horses
Posted 9th Jan 2011 at 04:47

Pages (2): 1 [2]