displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: Supercharged engine wont rev
birk

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Put new engine in on sat and it wont let me rev, if i do, it just dies off and struggles to idle after a restart and then after 30sec or so dies again, if you take the battery off and put it back on again, it will fire up fine, idle fine untill you touch the throttle and it will keep doing the above.

Ive had to use a new loom because i broke mine standing on several plugs, turns out the new loom also had several damaged plugs, so i made one good loom from what i had, but all the connections on it are fine.

Ive tried a few things to try and sort it, replaced the map sensor and icv, but that did nothing, so to illimate the sensors, i took the boost pipe off the manifold to let the car rev up on its own once started, it does exactly the same as if i where to use the throttle, it revs up on its own accord, then just dies off at summet' like 4k.

The engine was in and running fine on sat night though, it reved up and down fine and sounded perfectly normal, but then it wouldnt do anything at all with the flick of the key, turns out it was a loose ignition plug after a few attempts of starting it, i dont know if this has fried something or not.

Im realy stumped as to what it could be, but for some reason i think it might be the ecu.

Dan

Dimma + Gt35 turbo = Ninja
Solid rear beam mounts £130
Dan
Posted 1st Feb 2010 at 15:46
rich_w

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Dan,

I would say it's definitely wiring / sensor related.

It's too coincidental that you've just changed the harness and the problem as started Yes

Did you extend the wiring on the new harness? If so, double check it - particularly the TPS wiring, as two of the wires are white, and if muddled up it could give the symptoms you are having.

Also check the MAP sensor wiring, as this could have a similar effect.

If that's all OK I would look at fuel supply - obviously if the fuel pump has a weak supply or another issue it will only rev to the point at which is loses fuel pressure.

Rich

Smile

Contact Details:

rich@lynxpowerengineering.co.uk
07732 822546

Posted 1st Feb 2010 at 16:00
fletch

Track Head

Post #3
You got the larger FPR in there?
Posted 1st Feb 2010 at 16:38
simonjames

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Engines fooked mate time for a re build Whistle

All South Wales Members Click Here
Team Supercharged Black RALLYE ™ (Click Here for Build Project)
MY EBAY ITEMS

Posted 1st Feb 2010 at 23:48
birk

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
I'll check the wirring 2moz and go from there.

Fletch - just the standard reg in at the moment, will be going with the 4bar one when i go high boost.

Si - Stop been impatient LOL you'll be 1k richer soon enough Thumbs up

Dimma + Gt35 turbo = Ninja
Solid rear beam mounts £130
Dan
Posted 2nd Feb 2010 at 00:19
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #6
birk wrote:

Si - Stop been impatient LOL you'll be 1k richer soon enough Thumbs up

Not soon enough as im seeing Si wens Wink
Posted 2nd Feb 2010 at 00:26