displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Rear window heater problems
rain man

Regular

Post #1
I'm having a bit of a problem with my rear window heater. When I press the button sometimes it just doesnt light up at all. Every now and again the button will light up and begin to demist the window but it will only stay on for about 30 seconds then it switches off again, once its switched itself off it doesnt work for a few days.

The contacts on the boot are fine, is there anything else I should check or change?

For Powder Coating services either PM me or email wheels@ashtonpowdercoating.co.uk

We are based in Manchester and can powder coat anything from Wheels, Inlet manifolds, Sub Frames and much more.

Visit www.AshtonPowderCoating.co.uk
Posted 18th Jan 2010 at 17:46
SteviePut

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Relay and switchSmile

My old man wrote me a letter from prison once. It said if you don't want to end up in here, stay away from crime, women and drugs. Trouble is, that don't leave you much else to do, does it?
Posted 19th Jan 2010 at 09:24
rain man

Regular

Post #3
ok thanks. Obviously ill try and source another switch but how do i test the relay? Is it the big red one under the steering column?

Cheers

For Powder Coating services either PM me or email wheels@ashtonpowdercoating.co.uk

We are based in Manchester and can powder coat anything from Wheels, Inlet manifolds, Sub Frames and much more.

Visit www.AshtonPowderCoating.co.uk
Posted 19th Jan 2010 at 16:03
SteviePut

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
rain man wrote:
ok thanks. Obviously ill try and source another switch but how do i test the relay? Is it the big red one under the steering column?

Cheers

I've no idea where it is TBH.

If you know anyone with a known working one I'd try swapping the switch over before splashing the cash.

My old man wrote me a letter from prison once. It said if you don't want to end up in here, stay away from crime, women and drugs. Trouble is, that don't leave you much else to do, does it?
Posted 19th Jan 2010 at 16:10