displaying posts 1 to 8 of 8

Author Subject: Window switch upside down
will130787

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
For some reason (hopefully one of you guys will know) my passenger side window switch lowers and raises the window fine, however if I operate it from the drivers side I have to lift the switch to make the window go down and push it down to make the window go up, the opposite to how it should be! The drivers side window works as it should (down for down etc). Anyone know what this is? I guess the connections the wrong way round but I dont know which wire is which!

Ex Astor 6 owner Sad

Also an Ex owner of a Bianca 6 Sad

Now an ex owner of a 2005 9-3 2.0T 210bhp Aero Swedish Saloon thing!! Soon to be 250bhp.... Superman

Now driving Mk5 Golf GTTdi, mile muncher

But still live for the 306 Ninja
Posted 12th Jan 2010 at 16:26
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
can only imagine its had a doorshut wiring loom repair in the past.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 12th Jan 2010 at 16:48
vernam616

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
will130787 wrote:
For some reason (hopefully one of you guys will know) my passenger side window switch lowers and raises the window fine, however if I operate it from the drivers side I have to lift the switch to make the window go down and push it down to make the window go up, the opposite to how it should be! The drivers side window works as it should (down for down etc). Anyone know what this is? I guess the connections the wrong way round but I dont know which wire is which!

When i bought the car Will the switch didnt have the mirror adjuster on it, so i swapped the unit i had for one with a mirror adjuster on from one of our works vans, and i always found it the wrong way round :S, i cant see it being the wiring being the wrong way round as there is only one way the plug will fit in.

The previous switch without the mirror adjuster on worked as it should Crazy

Audi S3 Black Edition
Posted 12th Jan 2010 at 21:32
will130787

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
vernam616 wrote:
will130787 wrote:

When i bought the car Will the switch didnt have the mirror adjuster on it, so i swapped the unit i had for one with a mirror adjuster on from one of our works vans, and i always found it the wrong way round :S, i cant see it being the wiring being the wrong way round as there is only one way the plug will fit in.

So you put the wrong one on it then? A 206 van? Anything else bodged I need to know about? LOL

It works, just bugs me!

Ex Astor 6 owner Sad

Now an ex owner of a 2005 9-3 2.0T 210bhp Aero Swedish Saloon thing!! Soon to be 250bhp.... Superman

Posted 12th Jan 2010 at 21:34
vernam616

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
will130787 wrote:
vernam616 wrote:
will130787 wrote:

So you put the wrong one on it then? A 206 van? Anything else bodged I need to know about? LOL

It works, just bugs me!

Haha no it was a Peugeot Expert van, and the switch worked fine in the van, but soon as it went into the car, the upside down thing happened, what would you have preferred A. no mirror adjuster or B. upside down switch

Audi S3 Black Edition
Posted 13th Jan 2010 at 23:44
smithy27eng

Post #6
just get the right one for the car either of here or ebay mine cost

306 gti 6 bpl
Posted 13th Jan 2010 at 23:52
will130787

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
vernam616 wrote:
will130787 wrote:
vernam616 wrote:
will130787 wrote:

It works, just bugs me!

Haha no it was a Peugeot Expert van, and the switch worked fine in the van, but soon as it went into the car, the upside down thing happened, what would you have preferred A. no mirror adjuster or B. upside down switch

I would have prefered C: not another Dan bodge Razz

Ex Astor 6 owner Sad

Posted 15th Jan 2010 at 18:17
vernam616

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
will130787 wrote:
vernam616 wrote:
will130787 wrote:
vernam616 wrote:
will130787 wrote:

It works, just bugs me!

I would have prefered C: not another Dan bodge Razz

That means you would have preferred A: !!, and you would have winged because there was no mirror adjuster.... some people just cant be pleased !Razz

Audi S3 Black Edition
Posted 20th Jan 2010 at 22:35