displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Brake lights not working?
cornish_pug

Regular

Post #1
Brake lights don't work all other lights are fine, fuse is fine, and bulbs are ok, could it be the pedal switch?

Team Diesel
Posted 12th Jan 2010 at 00:55
oecken

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
FAQ: If ALL of your brake lights have suddenly stopped working at the same time, then the chances are that your brake pedal switch has packed up.

This is a guide to testing/replacing your brake pedal switch.

First of all, locate your brake pedal switch. It is right at the top of the brake pedal. If you look up from underneath you can see a bit of metal sticking out of the side, resting on a little push-to-break switch. It looks like this:

Circled in red

Close up of the old switch after I removed it

o remove it you will need a few tools - a ratchet or interchangeable screwdriver, torx bit (I used T-20), and a socket driver with ½ inch socket.

You should be able to pick up a brake pedal switch from your local motor factors, I got one from Kevin Cooper for

Sad Ex-Black 6 Ninja - Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.
Posted 12th Jan 2010 at 00:40
khj100

Senior User

Post #3
Great work Mat Thumbs up

FAQ'd Wink

Trackday, trackday, trackday Hyper
Posted 12th Jan 2010 at 00:49

This thread has been locked