displaying posts 1 to 1 of 1

Author Subject: Oil temp gauge/wiring
paulchin

Junior User

Post #1
Does anybody know if a Phase 2 (late 98) 2.0 XSi 16V would have the wiring for the oil temp gauge? i.e. if I fitted a sensor in the sump (which I once mistook for a drain plug - thought it was funny being on the front!), would the multiplug onto the back of the dash recognise it, and use the level gauge as a temp gauge too? Haven't even looked whether there is an engine bay plug yet - although I did read somewhere that most 306's use one loom, then leave unused connectors taped back?

Have tried the search, but to no avail - was also wondering whether any 306's had an oil pressure gauge as std. Looked in my (Phase 2) handbook, but that only shows an oil temp gauge as the highest spec. Was it only on earlier 306's that an oil pressure gauge was fitted?

Any help appreciated - feel a little vulnerable only having water temp and no other engine info (other than revs of course, before someone say it!).
Posted 11th Jan 2010 at 18:36