displaying posts 1 to 12 of 12

Author Subject: quaife or Tran x ??
ricknorbat

Post #1
Which diff (LSD) should I go for? This is a road car(GTI-6) with 240hp, so the most of the time I drive on tarmac. There is alot of snow in norway to, so a bit sideway driving on snow is usaly. I drive hard, so I need something that works.

Can thouse of you with experience and expertise on this issue give me some good advice?

As I can see I got 2 options.

1.Quaife
2.Tran X

The quaife does not lock 100% as the tran x will do. How different/simular will this LSD work? and what are the main different?
Posted 7th Jan 2010 at 01:28
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
if you want something that will help on snow it'll have to be a tranx, or any other plate diff.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 7th Jan 2010 at 01:38
ricknorbat

Post #3
But when the summer time comes? Is a plate diff to hard? Will the drive shaft broke? how is it to drive with (both of them)
Posted 7th Jan 2010 at 01:52
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #4
quaife is very easy to drive with, a plate diff you can adjust how fast and how hard it bites, so you can make it very nice to drive with.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 7th Jan 2010 at 02:01
allanallen

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
My road going 205 has a tran-x diff on the lightest setting and its still ok to drive even with no PAS. It can be a bit snatchy and you have to treat it with respect but the grip out of corners is amazing!
Its one of the best mods I've done to a car. I have only been a passenger in a car with a quaiffe fitted so can't really comment on them.

www.bridgecraftmotorsport.co.uk

Facebook
Posted 7th Jan 2010 at 02:27
ricknorbat

Post #6
allanallen wrote:
My road going 205 has a tran-x diff on the lightest setting and its still ok to drive even with no PAS. It can be a bit snatchy and you have to treat it with respect but the grip out of corners is amazing!
Its one of the best mods I've done to a car. I have only been a passenger in a car with a quaiffe fitted so can't really comment on them.

Lightest settings? Which one is that? ramp angle=45/45? plate settings = light weight?

Posted 7th Jan 2010 at 03:14
allanallen

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
ricknorbat wrote:

Lightest settings? Which one is that? ramp angle=45/45? plate settings = light weight?

Yep, 45/45 lightweight

www.bridgecraftmotorsport.co.uk

Facebook
Posted 7th Jan 2010 at 14:08
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #8
Quaife is an ok compromise but it's never going to give the ultimate pull out of the corners as a plate or fully locking type diff. Plus points on the Quaife is zero setup to do and no maintenance except gearbox oil changes. Thats also the downside, no adjustability, it never fully locks and will allow 25 percent slip wasting some power. On the plus side it is an ATB so it automatically shuffles torque to the wheel with the most grip, this tends to lessen the effect of torque steer and can make putting the power down and steering a little easier. However this is my opinion, I have'nt driven a car with a plate type diff, I went for Quaife as I knew I could'nt be bothered with taking it in and out to adjust and optinise settings etc. However, if you don't mind the extra work and you want the best grip on track, a well set up plate type diff is the way to go.

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 7th Jan 2010 at 14:25
binkagti

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
Personely would have a look at kaaz diffs, plated but very nice to drive with, not to hard and pull amazingly, 6 friends i know have them and they have never gone wrong, plus some are putting out big power

TEAM Supercharged Rallye

Posted 8th Jan 2010 at 13:37
ricknorbat

Post #10
Where do they got the best offer/price?
Posted 8th Jan 2010 at 19:27
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #11
there is a Tran-x group buy happening on the 205gtidrivers forum now with "Miles".

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 8th Jan 2010 at 19:42
miles

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
Yes I am, PM me for info, The main reason for using Tran X is being UK based they offer full parts and service normally within a week so no Dist network to worry about which is what really put me off Kaaz although a very good product.

306 Rallye Sptint/Race Car, 205 CTI 1.9 8v to name a few

Road, Track and Race/Rally car preparation to your personal requirements,
Full Workshop & Diagnostic Facilities
New and Second parts, from Plugs to Turbo's
We now also carry out Routine Servicing
www.pugracing.com

& FB Page, https://www.facebook.com/PugRacing

Ebay; http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Pug-Racing-Shop

2012/2013/2014/2019 Class Winners at Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb & Joint overall, Class record too along the way,
Posted 9th Jan 2010 at 03:38