displaying posts 26 to 38 of 38

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: Sequential gearbox
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Location: The Nam

Registered: 24 Jan 2006

Posts: 12,815

Status: Offline

Post #26
The standard GTi6 engine code is a XU10J4RS btw.

If its a standard engine then the standard box will easily cope.

________________________________________

Phase 1 XSi Track Car. Mildly modified.
Posted 5th Jan 2010 at 03:35
dragoon

Seasoned Pro

Location: Ghent - Belgium

Registered: 30 Dec 2008

Posts: 1,071

Status: Offline

Post #27
240hp... standard?... Black eye

________________________________________

Team Wheelwhore
Team Limited Edition

Astor 306 Francorchamps RIP
Virtual Blue 208 GTi

quote:
I Love this place. So many illiterate deluded fool's acting 'ard . . . and so many literate intelligent people to rip them apart and knock them back down again . . . ahh Cool
Posted 5th Jan 2010 at 18:08
ricknorbat

Newbie

Location: Asker

Registered: 26 Mar 2008

Posts: 13

Status: Offline

Post #28
Hehe, not realy, but standard block and gear boxRazz

Got some hi-comp forged pistons, modifyed kent-cams, kawazaki zx12r trottlebodies, ported head unit ++++ LOL
Posted 6th Jan 2010 at 01:52
zac

Seasoned Pro

Location: Leeds city centre

Registered: 26 Dec 2005

Posts: 2,627

Status: Offline

Post #29
Would have thought that the standard gearbox can cope fairly well with a tuned NA lump.

Had no problems when the supercharger was running less boost, producing around 220lb ft. Took it on track and covered around 15k miles in it.

Need something doing with the gearbox now though methinks! Laugh

________________________________________

Hit the limiter in 6th gear at 169mph (GPS - TomTom on the German autobahn). Still pulling like a train too. Cheers

- Phase 3 GTi-6 (409hp 'charged weekend toy)
- Phase 2.5 Rallye (daily driver)

R.I.P Pete Sims
Posted 6th Jan 2010 at 03:43
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Location: London

Registered: 23 Jul 2003

Posts: 14,898

Status: Offline

Post #30
zac wrote:
Would have thought that the standard gearbox can cope fairly well with a tuned NA lump.

Had no problems when the supercharger was running less boost, producing around 220lb ft. Took it on track and covered around 15k miles in it.

Need something doing with the gearbox now though methinks! Laugh


Whats happened to it Zac or is it just a precaution?

________________________________________

Just Drive It
Posted 6th Jan 2010 at 15:24
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Location: London

Registered: 23 Jul 2003

Posts: 14,898

Status: Offline

Post #31
ricknorbat wrote:
Hehe, not realy, but standard block and gear boxRazz

Got some hi-comp forged pistons, modifyed kent-cams, kawazaki zx12r trottlebodies, ported head unit ++++ LOL


How much torque are you kicking out? Thats the key figure Smile

________________________________________

Just Drive It
Posted 6th Jan 2010 at 15:25
mxcrazy

Regular

Location: hastings

Registered: 22 Jun 2009

Posts: 456

Status: Offline

Post #32
Straight cut gears are more efficient, transferring more power, but they are weaker in effect, only 1 tooth on each gear is engaged at the same time, where as helical cut there is more than 1 tooth engaged at a time, plus the tooth footprint is 'wider' (imagining that the teeth where stuck to the centre boss)

Why not use a 5 speed box and a Quaife synchro kit?

Or speak to quiafe about thier universal fitment 6 speed sequential box?
Posted 6th Jan 2010 at 19:31
monty_rm

Seasoned Pro

Location: Everywhere!

Registered: 04 Jul 2006

Posts: 1,338

Status: Offline

Post #33
Norwegian prices are going to sting you alot. I was looking at the price of cars and car parts there at xmas and they are outrageous compared to the UK!

________________________________________

P3 '99 GTi-6 in China Blue
BMW 330Ci M-Sport

Chuck Norris' dick is so big it has its own dick, and even it's dick is bigger than yours.


Team Ninja
Posted 6th Jan 2010 at 22:09
zac

Seasoned Pro

Location: Leeds city centre

Registered: 26 Dec 2005

Posts: 2,627

Status: Offline

Post #34
rallyestyle wrote:
zac wrote:
Would have thought that the standard gearbox can cope fairly well with a tuned NA lump.

Had no problems when the supercharger was running less boost, producing around 220lb ft. Took it on track and covered around 15k miles in it.

Need something doing with the gearbox now though methinks! Laugh


Whats happened to it Zac or is it just a precaution?


Just a precaution Tom, but I can honestly feel the gearbox saying to me 'Give me a f*cking break or I'm gonna shit the bed on you, you massive twat.' Laugh

________________________________________

Hit the limiter in 6th gear at 169mph (GPS - TomTom on the German autobahn). Still pulling like a train too. Cheers

- Phase 3 GTi-6 (409hp 'charged weekend toy)
- Phase 2.5 Rallye (daily driver)

R.I.P Pete Sims
Posted 7th Jan 2010 at 01:04
ricknorbat

Newbie

Location: Asker

Registered: 26 Mar 2008

Posts: 13

Status: Offline

Post #35
got about 250Nm = ca 190lb ft.

How much torque does the 6 speed box manage?

It`s only the 3 and 5 gear that doe not work, and no rare sounds from the box. I mange to get it in 3th ger whit out problem, but it would not eaven go into 5th. I do not think the gear whel is broken. Only the shift switch / shif arm (not sure about the word in english).

Which experience dos you guys have about this box when it get broke. Which part does brake?
Posted 7th Jan 2010 at 01:49
aaron6

Seasoned Pro

Location: On the sofa in maidstone

Registered: 16 May 2006

Posts: 5,812

Status: Offline

Post #36
I saw in a jap car mag once a bloke who made his own dog box by grinding off every other tooth on the synchro's or something. Could be good for a laugh!

________________________________________

See the sheer power and might of the lesser known burrowing owl.



Posted 24th Jan 2010 at 07:19
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Location: hiding all receipts for car

Registered: 09 Jul 2008

Posts: 11,887

Status: Offline

Post #37
zac wrote:
rallyestyle wrote:
zac wrote:
Would have thought that the standard gearbox can cope fairly well with a tuned NA lump.

Had no problems when the supercharger was running less boost, producing around 220lb ft. Took it on track and covered around 15k miles in it.

Need something doing with the gearbox now though methinks! Laugh


Whats happened to it Zac or is it just a precaution?


Just a precaution Tom, but I can honestly feel the gearbox saying to me 'Give me a f*cking break or I'm gonna shit the bed on you, you massive twat.' Laugh
LOL

________________________________________

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 24th Jan 2010 at 13:37
gti6girl

Seasoned Pro

Location: Dartford

Registered: 19 Feb 2007

Posts: 2,692

Status: Offline

Post #38
quote:
How much torque does the 6 speed box manage?


You will be fine with a 6 box and loads of power but the 5 speeds use a smaller bearing which cant cope very well.

The rallye box has just broken at this same point too. We are having the box modded to take the larger bearing
Posted 24th Jan 2010 at 15:55

Pages (2): 1 [2]

You are not able to post as you are not a member.
If you would like to upgrade your membership, please read the Membership section.

All times are GMT. The time is now 12:07

The Peugeot GTi-6 & Rallye Owners Club Ltd - Registered in England & Wales - Reg No: 07410694 - ©2018 all rights reserved.

Please Note : The views and opinions found herein are those of individuals, and not of The Peugeot 306 GTi-6 & Rallye Owners Club Ltd or any individuals involved.
No responsibility is taken or assumed for any comments or statements made on, or in relation to, this website. Please see our updated privacy policy and legal information