displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: Fuel pump Saga
scott8629

Regular

Post #1
Following on from my cold starting problem, which may be the same problem as I have now.

I have noticed that my car will crank over but not start. I do not hear the fuel pump prime, then eventually after the battery is about to give up ghost, it kicks in and fires.

It will work perfect until the car has been stood a number of hours (8++) then we have this issue again.

I have replaced the CTS and stepper motor.

I have narrowed it down to either fuel pump relay, crank position sensor, inertia switch (fuel cut off) or the acual fuel pump. I will go bridge some connecors on the relay loom if the weather gets better to see if the fuel pump primes.

I think it is the relay as I have removed it and there is a crack in the casing. Its on the radiator now drying out/wariming up.

One question about the inertia switch, I pressed it in, is this bad? If so how do I reset it?

Oh I cant seem to find the crank position sensor, anyone have a pic?

Any thing else I should check?

TIA
Posted 3rd Jan 2010 at 17:12
scott8629

Regular

Post #2
After its spell on the radiator, the fuel pump relay was re-fitted and now the fuel pump primes 1st time.

I have sealed up the crack in the casing and will re-fit the new one when its in my hands!

I also have had the Rev counter not working due to this and also the revs bouncing like the stepper motor was on the way out.

So if you are having the same symptoms, try to change this.

Naughty Naughty Relay!
Posted 3rd Jan 2010 at 22:08