displaying posts 1 to 8 of 8

Author Subject: P1 S16/XSI accelerator cable
ballys16

Regular

Post #1
Hello Everyone,
Is the 8V XSI accelerator cable the same legth as the P1 S16 acc. cable?
SB seems to say that they are identical.
Anyway, my cable seems too long, the acc pedal is way higher than the brake pedal. It was OK till I wasn't wearing boots but now it seems to be an issue.
The adjuster in the engine bay is at its limit, ie. I cannot adjust it more.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

XSi 8V -> S16
Posted 18th Dec 2009 at 19:44
rikky 🦔

Post #2
cut the cable down as a temp measure from the throttle body end, i ran a diy'd cable for about a year when i put an s16 engine into my xsi..

just cut a few inches off it and ran a little circular cylinder clasp over it, like them wiring clamp things from inside connector blocks Yes

i did buy a new cable, i forget if it was actually longer or not come to think of it Doh but there must have been a difference on my setup to warrant using a DIY'd clamp

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 18th Dec 2009 at 19:50
ballys16

Regular

Post #3
rikky wrote:
cut the cable down as a temp measure from the throttle body end, i ran a diy'd cable for about a year when i put an s16 engine into my xsi..

just cut a few inches off it and ran a little circular cylinder clasp over it, like them wiring clamp things from inside connector blocks Yes

i did buy a new cable, i forget if it was actually longer or not come to think of it Doh but there must have been a difference on my setup to warrant using a DIY'd clamp

Nice Thumbs up
Thanks for the tip!
So the S16 cable is in fact shorter?

XSi 8V -> S16
Posted 18th Dec 2009 at 19:54
rikky 🦔

Post #4
i don't know, i had a standard xsi so the cable from the xsi i assume was a bit longer or bodged somehow. if it was a direct fit there would have been no need to cut it Unsure

shame i don't have my xsi cable anymore as i have all my s16 cable on the floor in the garage so i can't compare, unless you have measurements of the xsi one?

edit> my xsi was an 8v aswell, not a 16v..

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 18th Dec 2009 at 20:01
ballys16

Regular

Post #5
rikky wrote:
i don't know, i had a standard xsi so the cable from the xsi i assume was a bit longer or bodged somehow. if it was a direct fit there would have been no need to cut it Unsure

shame i don't have my xsi cable anymore as i have all my s16 cable on the floor in the garage so i can't compare, unless you have measurements of the xsi one?

Thanks for the input Cheers
My cable is still in the car.
Looking at 3rd party products, they state 2710mm as the length.
Seems long for a LHD, but I never saw it out of the ca Smile

XSi 8V -> S16
Posted 18th Dec 2009 at 20:45
rikky 🦔

Post #6
ah sorry totally overlooked your whole LHD aspect, i don't know in that case.. best i can do is measure my s16 cable for you but it's a bog standard uk spec rhd one Smile

Posted 18th Dec 2009 at 20:50
ballys16

Regular

Post #7
rikky wrote:
ah sorry totally overlooked your whole LHD aspect, i don't know in that case.. best i can do is measure my s16 cable for you but it's a bog standard uk spec rhd one Smile

Thank you for offering - best is still to cut an inch or two.
So please don't waste time on measuring Smile
It will still be LHD vs RHD Wink

XSi 8V -> S16
Posted 19th Dec 2009 at 13:21
ballys16

Regular

Post #8
rikky wrote:

Found this set in a bike shop - might be what I'm looking for Smile

XSi 8V -> S16
Posted 27th Dec 2009 at 21:47