displaying posts 1 to 14 of 14

Author Subject: no heaters
chris 6

Junior User

Post #1
can anyone help me with my heaters, bought the car with them not working. basically i have no heater controls working the ac lights indicator doesnt work else none of the switches in that unit do anything but the unit lights up when the lights are on. i've changed it for another unit(second hand one, came with the car) still the same. could it be a relay if so do you know witch one or is it something else?
Posted 18th Dec 2009 at 01:33
jamie_gti-6

Junior User

Post #2
Hi fella firstly what phase is your car and also do you have any air coming from interior vents?

If your car is a phase 2 i think the fuse u need to look at is number 21 its a 30amp if i can remember correctly! Change that 1st if it keeps blowing fuses you will have to get to the a/c control board which is behind the heater controls if need be il explain how to get there and what to do but check fuse 21 1st
Posted 18th Dec 2009 at 04:36
-sinden-

Senior User

Post #3
does it randomly blow air now and then?

fixed my heaters and found out my aircon works Big grin
Posted 18th Dec 2009 at 19:19
chris 6

Junior User

Post #4
jamie_gti-6 wrote:
Hi fella firstly what phase is your car and also do you have any air coming from interior vents?

If your car is a phase 2 i think the fuse u need to look at is number 21 its a 30amp if i can remember correctly! Change that 1st if it keeps blowing fuses you will have to get to the a/c control board which is behind the heater controls if need be il explain how to get there and what to do but check fuse 21 1st

hi mate yer its a phase 2. theres no air blowing from the vents at all and ive checked all the fuses they all seem to be ok (will double check) could you explain about the air con thingy?? you were talking about?
Posted 18th Dec 2009 at 19:52
rikky 🦔

Post #5
there are heater relays aswell aren't there? so could be one of them in the glovebox under your steering column

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 18th Dec 2009 at 19:53
jamie_gti-6

Junior User

Post #6
yes there are a couple of green fuses next to the fuse box they could of gone but i found they were ok when i had this problem

The air con circuit board is situated behind the heater controls theres a small diode on the back of the board i basically cut this and all seemed to be fine but only because fuse 21 (30 amp) kept blowing does this happen to yours? have you tried a new fan motor sometimes they get stuck and blow fuses!!!
Posted 20th Dec 2009 at 01:50
pug205

Post #7
pull the control panel out again and check all the wires coz mine was like that checked everything and all the wires were burnt

tblair
Posted 20th Dec 2009 at 01:55
spike_uk06

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
Well mine the fuse is intact and there doesn't appear to be a relay problem as all the other things work (that are on the same circuit) Still nothing with no a/c light or recirculation light...

Gonna be checking again tomz....

Team China
Team Pirelli
Team Cracked Bumper
20th Nov 1999 she was born
Posted 20th Dec 2009 at 02:02
chris 6

Junior User

Post #9
all the fuses are ok on mine.
ive taken the heater control out of my car but ive found no diode, is it in the unit or mounted on the back or something?
Posted 21st Dec 2009 at 18:06
booster

Post #10
Hello mate, did you get to the bottom of this one?
My girlfriend's D Turbo has just developed exactly the same fault. (No air-con or recirc lights, no heater fan). - All fuses OK
Help!!
Posted 8th Jan 2010 at 21:57
chris 6

Junior User

Post #11
nope still nothing, everyone on here seems to have different solutions for the same problem
Posted 11th Jan 2010 at 04:03
smegal

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
Have you tried hitting the top of the dash?

Ex SC-6

Now in a Megane R26
Posted 11th Jan 2010 at 04:19
rikky 🦔

Post #13
smegal wrote:
Have you tried hitting the top of the dash?

can't believe you just spilled the ancient secret of the 306 fixing technique Shock this is valuable information for fixing most problems and should be regarded as top secret, but basically it works for everything, yes

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 11th Jan 2010 at 04:23
smegal

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
It works for mine.

Ex SC-6

Now in a Megane R26
Posted 11th Jan 2010 at 14:22