displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: 6 wont start and dash lights wrong
tris

Regular

Post #1
I have a phase 2 6 and when I turn the ignition on the battery and brake dash light come on then when I turn it over no lights. turns over but no fire. pump primes up, when I turn the hazards on the indicators flash but the fog light dash light lights up? could it be a bad earth? were to check please?
Posted 16th Dec 2009 at 01:56
rikky 🦔

Post #2
check earths yes

one from gearbox to chassis

one next to throttle pedal that earths all the dash loom to the chassis

no harm running a couple more either from the engine to the shell either

also check your earths on the inner chassis leg on the passenger side infront of the battery tray

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 16th Dec 2009 at 02:10
tris

Regular

Post #3
I have checked the earths and run extra tempery ones to check if it makes a difference.
Nothing. the dash lights are confusing but maybe just throwing me off the scent and something different. ignition on, dash lights come on, fuel pump primes, the fog light on the dash very lightly flashes. if I turn on the fog light the light lights up as it should, turn it off and the dash gauges all flick round to max and re set back to there stops.
turns over fine just wont fire. have sprayed a load of easy start in as turning to see if it is a fuel or electrical issue and would say there is no spark as it didnt even try.
I have previously re located the battery to the boot and im in the process of stripping it. and removed alarms and air bag ecu's. I have had it running since doing all this though and done nothing more since.
Posted 19th Dec 2009 at 05:22
t11hac

Senior User

Post #4
FAIL: next time don

Team Black Rallye
Posted 19th Dec 2009 at 06:04