displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: 306 XSI 8 valve engine
toby

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Just trying to sell an 8 valve 306 XSI engine at the moment and wanted to check what else the bottom end fits in the 306 range.

I know the head pretty much is the 8 valve XSI only but am I correct in thinking the block with crank and pistons are the same as the 16 valve XSI, S16 and GTI-6? I think the only difference might be the GTI-6 has oil spray bars for the bores?

Any help or even offers to buy greatly appreciated!

Previous Peugeot - 2000(w)GTI-6, Me old China, Supercharged with working aircon!
Posted 14th Dec 2009 at 16:00
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
pistons are 8 valve specific Wink

crank and block are the same with many minor differences, dont know about the oil spray bars or whether they could be retrofitted if required

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 14th Dec 2009 at 16:10
toby

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Thanks for that, I'll leave it as 8 valve XSI as it looks like there are too many varibles for it to possibly be used in part for other models.

Previous Peugeot - 2000(w)GTI-6, Me old China, Supercharged with working aircon!
Posted 14th Dec 2009 at 17:24