displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: Electrical Problem - Fuses
jcooper776

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
My central locking has been playing up recently bouncing back all the time and I have been unable to lock my car. Probably due to a broken wire in the door loom but haven't have chance to look at it yet.

So as a temp solution to allow me to lock the doors manually using the key, I removed the yellow 20a fuse, marked as number 14 from the fusebox (phase 2) as per a FAQ I found.

This worked fine, I am able to lock my car, but my stereo must also be attached to the same fuse, as this does not work now, along with the interior light sensor that turns on the interior light when you open a door.

So- I found my central locking module box underneath the rear seat bench, and unplugged the 2 connectors- and put the fuse back in the fuse box. With the idea that this will enable my stereo to work but also disable the central locking.

That worked, but now- my alarm goes off and the headlights flash Doh

Anyone know why this is? If I take the fuse out again the alarm doesn't go off.

Sold my GTI-6 now riding in a Scooby

---------------------------------
James
Posted 12th Dec 2009 at 20:23
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
have you put the key in the ignition turn it on but not to start the engine , then press the ultrasonic button its on the steering casing for 20 seconds,. See if that does anything

jimmy

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 12th Dec 2009 at 22:15