displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Fog lights not working. Any ideas???
benn25

Regular

Post #1
Trying to change standard fogs to aftermarket. Rewired to blue connection plug. Connected - Not working. Checked fuse - Intact. Warning Lights -On. Flicked between side, dim and full - not working. Rear fogs - working. Bulb - working. Changed wiring combination - not working. Back to what its supposed to be - still not working. Traced wire to main connection (cleaned). Still not working. Changed relays - still not working. Any ideas?????

There is also a relay missing from the fuse compartment in the engine bay. Its a grey 5 pin socket. Has this got anything to do with it? Whats it for?
Posted 12th Dec 2009 at 16:51
cooper666

Senior User

Post #2
both or one fog lights? ive had 2 before where the wires break inside the plug cant be seen(on the loom side not fog light side)

clio r27
ps3 id:cooperkloe

Posted 13th Dec 2009 at 01:16
allesclar

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
yeah it could be the plug, you have an amp meter to hand?

Team allesclar ®

Posted 13th Dec 2009 at 01:17
SteviePut

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Are the aftermarket ones earthed in the same way?

My old man wrote me a letter from prison once. It said if you don't want to end up in here, stay away from crime, women and drugs. Trouble is, that don't leave you much else to do, does it?
Posted 13th Dec 2009 at 02:23
benn25

Regular

Post #5
both lamps. yea the aftermarket ones are quite simple really. Earth tag and the H3 bulb has a connector to it already. Off to screwfix to get one me thinks. Ill come back with some results. Hopefully positive. Could connect to main beams, but don't want to suck any power away from them. I managed to connect the other 2 lamps as I have 4 on the front bumper to the adjust motor. Works a treat. Cheers chaps
Posted 13th Dec 2009 at 05:33