displaying posts 26 to 30 of 30

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: airbag light MOT fail?
simonjames

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
I told my tester 'I'm ok then the rallye didn't have an air bag as its a light weight version' he just said I'd have to get 1 on the xsi-6 Smile

All South Wales Members Click Here
Team Supercharged Black RALLYE ™ (Click Here for Build Project)
MY EBAY ITEMS

Posted 16th Feb 2012 at 17:50
superchargedblack1997gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
Funny one but is the only way they can check the system is working is by deploying the airbags surely?
Which surely they are not going to do, as long as the airbag wheel and passenger side airbag are present shouldnt be a Problem?

Super high boost Completed, destroyer of gearboxes and 160mph club
Posted 17th Feb 2012 at 15:40
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
No, they (should) check the light illuminates when the ignition is turned on and that it goes out after it has performed its self-check routine. If the light does not illuminate but airbags are present technically they can fail it.

These new over-complex Euro-inspired MoT rules mean that all safety equipment originally fitted to the car must be present and function. This includes unnecessary rubbish like tyre pressure monitoring systems which cost £40 for each tyre valve which supposedly need changing when the tyres are replaced.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 17th Feb 2012 at 18:16
mrdeey

Regular

Post #29
As above post , that's what they told me , they have a data base of what should be on what model , mainstream that is , no lighty no likey !

now new booted , boosted and flying again!
Posted 17th Feb 2012 at 19:12
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
i was involved in a rather nasty crash before crimbo. if my airbag hadnt of deployed my face would of been rather more ugly than usual and missing a fair few teeth.

id say make sure it still works by fitting the seatbelt tensioner connector with a resistor.

unless quazimodo was your fav disney character

the world is changed by people in sheds
Posted 18th Feb 2012 at 11:06

Pages (2): 1 [2]