displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: Brake vac system
birk

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Could someone explain how exactly the brake vac system works with the servo, the vac pump, the T-piece and the pipes attached.

Think the problem lies within this setup and just trying to figure it out.

Dan

Dimma + Gt35 turbo = Ninja
Solid rear beam mounts £130
Dan
Posted 5th Dec 2009 at 06:02
SteviePut

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
In short the vacuum created by the the vac pump acts on a diaphragm inside the servo which in turns multiples the braking force.

I don't know what your problem is but if you've got a vacuum leak or not enough vacuum at the servo I suspect that in the first instance you'd loose some of your braking effort. I'm not sure if this is connected in anyway to the inlet and could cause running issues.

I found this on Google which goes in to detail about how a brake servo works. It maybe of some useSmile

My old man wrote me a letter from prison once. It said if you don't want to end up in here, stay away from crime, women and drugs. Trouble is, that don't leave you much else to do, does it?
Posted 6th Dec 2009 at 12:59