displaying posts 1 to 9 of 9

Author Subject: sachs kits????
gti-6kerr

Regular

Post #1
Afternoon all, i have been looking at some sachs clutch kits on the net and i have found 1 for

Team- Blaze. Smile
Posted 2nd Dec 2009 at 14:55
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
you can usually get Valeo for less, but never had a problem with Sachs, though not fitted one to a gti6.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 2nd Dec 2009 at 14:59
jose

Senior User

Post #3
got the one from euro car parts fitted in my car, no problems to report at all, and have been told they are really good kits

Nile Blue GTi6

Alpine White 205 GTi 1.9 - Project

Air Con Pipes Thread.......

Machine Polishing - Paint Correction - Swirl Removal in West London - PM for details
Posted 2nd Dec 2009 at 15:06
jib

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Becareful with this.

I got a sachs clutch last month from euro car parts....or so i thought!

It turned out to be a Valeo one in a sachs box!
Posted 2nd Dec 2009 at 22:17
gti-6kerr

Regular

Post #5
o.k cheers, so how did you tell the difference when it came?? are they stamped?

Team- Blaze. Smile
Posted 3rd Dec 2009 at 12:39
Rich E Forum Admin

Post #6
You will most likely get a Valeo unit when you buy a Sachs kit for the GTi-6 Yes

I also purchased one from ECP and found a Valeo kit inside. I raised this with their technical support team who checked the Valeo part numbers against the Sachs kit number and confirmed the parts were correct. Sachs don't make a kit specific to this application themselves so they will always buy part (if not all) of the kit in. I was told that Valeo is their preferred supplier for this application but they do sometimes use other brands too, and I believe some people have had LUK parts included with this kit.

That said, the Valeo kit I received was not the same one as Valeo sell themselves for the GTi-6. Both parts were different; the friction plate had one pair of springs much larger than the other pair quite like the factory fitted clutch and the cover looked more sturdy and had a better release bearing with it.

Having used both the OEM Valeo kit and the Valeo one supplied by Sachs I would pay the extra for the Sachs supplied one as it is definitely a better kit.

Rich
Posted 3rd Dec 2009 at 16:49
gti-6kerr

Regular

Post #7
o.k thanks all for the info

Team- Blaze. Smile
Posted 3rd Dec 2009 at 16:51
jib

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
Rich E wrote:
You will most likely get a Valeo unit when you buy a Sachs kit for the GTi-6 Yes

I also purchased one from ECP and found a Valeo kit inside. I raised this with their technical support team who checked the Valeo part numbers against the Sachs kit number and confirmed the parts were correct. Sachs don't make a kit specific to this application themselves so they will always buy part (if not all) of the kit in. I was told that Valeo is their preferred supplier for this application but they do sometimes use other brands too, and I believe some people have had LUK parts included with this kit.

That said, the Valeo kit I received was not the same one as Valeo sell themselves for the GTi-6. Both parts were different; the friction plate had one pair of springs much larger than the other pair quite like the factory fitted clutch and the cover looked more sturdy and had a better release bearing with it.

Having used both the OEM Valeo kit and the Valeo one supplied by Sachs I would pay the extra for the Sachs supplied one as it is definitely a better kit.

Cheers for the Rich. I did wonder if there was a difference between the OEM and sach's kits.
Posted 3rd Dec 2009 at 16:53
gtisid

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
this is weird , although a few years back the first clutch i fitted to the 6 was a sach clutch. It looked different to the valeo one as the clutch was not held together with rivets as the valeo one is. I specifically asked for a different clutch as the one fitted previously as it was the rivets coming loose that caused my valeo one to fail.
Maybe they have changed their pattern , i dont know but the sach one i had was not the same as the valeo one

pugless
Phase 1 GTI 6 1996-1997
Subaru Impreza GB270 2007-2008
rare spiderman comics
same day international courier
Posted 3rd Dec 2009 at 19:53