displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: heater not working
billywhizzer1

Post #1
hi all any ideas, coz ive nearly given up the guy who sold me the gti6 1996 said he fitted a radio and amp ,then the heater didnt work/? ,ive checked the fuses inside car, outside, checked the relay seems ok, still no luck , checked behind control panel on dash , all seems ok,any help i would appreciate billywhizzer1

billywhizzer1 has attached the following image:

Posted 28th Nov 2009 at 23:31
jimmy_boy

Senior User

Post #2
Do you mean the heater fan is not spinning?

Or just no heat?

Unsure

GTI-6 & Rallye

Rallye gets sideways in the wet at Snetterton Ninja
Posted 29th Nov 2009 at 19:03
billywhizzer1

Post #3
hi mate, the fan is not spinning , i took it to and retapedperformance 3000, they checked relay ok , they checked behind facia ok, they noticed some evidence of a previous repair? and ive also noticed ignition wires cut and retaped
Posted 30th Nov 2009 at 23:57
billywhizzer1

Post #4
getting close to repair now,i checked the ignition wires that had been tampered with ,and swapped the 2 reds bingo heat,,and rear demist but fan motor under glove box carries on when all switched offWhistle ? any ideas fellow puggasBig grin
Posted 8th Dec 2009 at 00:23