displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: rear wiper arm removal
gota6again

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Trying to remove the rear wiper arm but it won't budge, is it just supposed to slide off or do I need to do anything else? Looked through Haynes manual and that says slides off?

EDIT: Phase 3 if it maks any difference

EDIT AGAIN: Removing due to trying to fix it, not to remove it for looks Whistle
Posted 28th Nov 2009 at 20:01
ballys16

Regular

Post #2
gota6again wrote:
Trying to remove the rear wiper arm but it won't budge, is it just supposed to slide off or do I need to do anything else? Looked through Haynes manual and that says slides off?

EDIT: Phase 3 if it maks any difference

EDIT AGAIN: Removing due to trying to fix it, not to remove it for looks Whistle

If you removed the nut it should come off - although rust tends to make that bit quite hard to accomplish.

XSi 8V -> S16
Posted 28th Nov 2009 at 21:08
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Bearing puller is usually required as it's a tapered spline, and corrodes into place.

Seeing as mine was dead i cut through the spindle, drifted the taper out in a vice and refitted with copper grease on the new motor.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Bianca LBSC Rallye - Track/Road Slag Project Thread
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 30th Nov 2009 at 18:11