displaying posts 1 to 9 of 9

Author Subject: double black relays?
rikky 🦔

Post #1
can anyone confirm what the two relays that are bolted to the side of the chassis [passenger side] near the back corner of the bay are? they are two identical looking black 7-pin plugs

they look to connect to a plate that is then connected to the side of the shell. wondering if this is an earth as the Haynes manual isn't proving useful unless i'm missing something?!

you guessed it - if they are doing nothing anymore they are going. i thought they were for fuel purpose (can't test as engine isn't anywhere to be seen) Smile

(i am not on about the brown unit that was originally situated behind the battery box)

edit> could they be the "injection relays" ??

edit2> looks like something to do with the ignition module

Hmm

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 16th Nov 2009 at 05:34
dan_s16

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
They are your ignition amps, if your keeping the individual coils you do not want to get rid of them.

When I've got time I forget what I wanted to do, and when I remember what I wanted to do, I have no time!
Posted 16th Nov 2009 at 05:36
rikky 🦔

Post #3
just found the info actually i needed! but thanks dan - nah just relocating things and they are in my way. i shall sort something, can't find a wiring diagram though. trying to see how they are working and if they are earthed or joined etc via this bracket/panel they attach to. would like to do this an easier way basically

Thumbs up

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 16th Nov 2009 at 05:48
dan_s16

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
I think they use the body work as a heat sink, i've never paid much attention to mine but the mounting certainly seemed more involved than a couple of bolts.

When I've got time I forget what I wanted to do, and when I remember what I wanted to do, I have no time!
Posted 16th Nov 2009 at 05:50
rikky 🦔

Post #5
they just bolt through the chassis via 3 torx bolts i think. looks like there's nowt to it, can't work them out and the diagram i thought was it, infact doesn't look like it. both of the 7-pin connectors have pin3/pin5 missing from the plugs, and are numbered 1-7 on each one

this was on the xu10j2 xsi engine and this 10j4 s16 engine, although service box shows little to nothing

Posted 16th Nov 2009 at 05:52
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
I don't think I've ever noticed this

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 24th Jun 2013 at 19:32
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #7
fml, you bladdy muppet its an S16, of course you would not notice it!!

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 24th Jun 2013 at 19:35
rikky 🦔

Post #8
also the thread is from 2009! why you bumping my old threads up?!

Posted 24th Jun 2013 at 19:36
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
welshpug! wrote:
fml, you bladdy muppet its an S16, of course you would not notice it!!

That explains that then

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 24th Jun 2013 at 19:58