displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: P1 XSi / S16 front wiper relay
ballys16

Regular

Post #1
Hello there,
I have in fact searched before posting this question but there is no such info about.
Which is the front wiper relay on a Phase1 XSi / S16? And its a LHD ...

XSi 8V -> S16
Posted 16th Nov 2009 at 01:54
rikky 🦔

Post #2
big tall baby blue one (on a rhd)

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 16th Nov 2009 at 03:34
ballys16

Regular

Post #3
rikky wrote:
big tall baby blue one (on a rhd)

Thank you!
I will post a pic of the box tomorrow as I have no blue relay - probably changed by the previous for some aftermarket piece...

XSi 8V -> S16
Posted 16th Nov 2009 at 04:08
dan_s16

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
It's not with the other relays, it's behind the fuse box (as in you need to unclip it and move it to the side and reach into the dash) with all the wiring IIRC.

When I've got time I forget what I wanted to do, and when I remember what I wanted to do, I have no time!
Posted 16th Nov 2009 at 06:36
ballys16

Regular

Post #5
dan_s16 wrote:
It's not with the other relays, it's behind the fuse box (as in you need to unclip it and move it to the side and reach into the dash) with all the wiring IIRC.

OK, so call me thick.
I have removed the fusebox (which i cannot put back now) and there are no relays to be seen.
How many relays are there that are visible having the cover removed? I have like 8... 4 above the fusebox, 1 to its right and three more below the steering column.
I played about in the opening behind the box just to feel for any relays that I might not see, but no... unless they are somewhere near the bulkhead?

##############################

At least I was able to put the fusebox back in its place....

XSi 8V -> S16
Posted 18th Nov 2009 at 01:07
ballys16

Regular

Post #6
Thank you everyone, finally found it and replaced it.
Its not that easy to get to Sad
BTW, its the same relay as the rear one, thankfully.
I had two types, one a straight cube type and another that is smaller and is more slanted - this is the one that fits, the other you can fit but the whole thing wont go back in place.

XSi 8V -> S16
Posted 7th Dec 2009 at 20:38