displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Interior fan and e/windows not working!
haywes

Regular

Post #1
So recently, it seems like the electrics in my 6 have just been killing themselves, so I'll explain a few I can't work out and if anyone has any ideas on what it could be, your answers would be really appreciated!

1 - Interior fans aren't working via the control, although when the ignition is on, the interior fan goes as it should. not sure if this is the controls or the fan itself? They all light up Okay it seems.

2 - Electric windows don't work, think it could possibly be the driver side controls that are knackered, as it buzzes when I try the driver side one, but the passenger side one doesn't work either but makes no sound. The passenger one also can't be opened from the passenger side? Thinking it might be the controls?

I've checked all fuses, and they're all fine, so it's not them Razz

Dash is gonna come out at some point so I can replace the hot/cold heater blending motor, so if I need to replace something for the fans too, it'd be a good time for me to know.

Bianca White 306 GTI-6
White Mazda RX-7 FC3S
Team Nurburgring
Posted 13th Nov 2009 at 18:33
haywes

Regular

Post #2
After having tried a new relay, the fans still don't work, and I've tried my relay in a friend's 6, and it worked, so it's something else Sad

I'm not so worried about the windows at the moment, as I've got a new driver side switch on the way. I'm more concerned about the fans/blower at the moment, as I need to be able to see where I'm going when it's cold or damp out! Any ideas?

Bianca White 306 GTI-6
White Mazda RX-7 FC3S
Team Nurburgring
Posted 21st Nov 2009 at 19:35
dan_s16

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
The windows may be a split wiring loom between the doors but try a new switch first as it's easier.

When you say the fan goes as it should, what do you mean it spins but changing the speed on the controller makes no difference? what about if it's set to auto? does it change speed depending on what temperature you have set?

Oh and IIRC you should just be able to unclip the hot/cold flap motor, it's fiddly but i'm sure i've removed mine before without having to remove the whole dash.

When I've got time I forget what I wanted to do, and when I remember what I wanted to do, I have no time!
Posted 21st Nov 2009 at 22:25
haywes

Regular

Post #4
dan_s16 wrote:
The windows may be a split wiring loom between the doors but try a new switch first as it's easier.

When you say the fan goes as it should, what do you mean it spins but changing the speed on the controller makes no difference? what about if it's set to auto? does it change speed depending on what temperature you have set?

Oh and IIRC you should just be able to unclip the hot/cold flap motor, it's fiddly but i'm sure i've removed mine before without having to remove the whole dash.

Yeah, when you turn on the ignition, you can hear the fans going at a slow speed as they do permanently, but I cannot turn them onto a controlled speed via the controls. If it's on auto they still don't work, regardless of the temperature.

I thought it might have been the loom split on the door for the windows, but like you said, the switch is an easier place to start. If you have any details on how I might be able to get the hot/cold motor out of my dash, drop me a pm, because it'd be great to be able to control that, too!

Bianca White 306 GTI-6
White Mazda RX-7 FC3S
Team Nurburgring
Posted 22nd Nov 2009 at 04:37