displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Gearbox mount
lilnickgti6

Junior User

Post #1
hi guys, changed my top mount on the weekend, i went to fit the gearbox mount followeing welly's guide off here, but when i take the battery box off there is 4 bolts to undo, but then there are 4 abs thin pipes are running over the top of two off the nuts, on the picture there is only 2 pipes and u can still get to the bolts? do i have to remove the pipes or abs?
Posted 10th Nov 2009 at 00:28
lwgti-6

Senior User

Post #2
Hi chap,

The best thing to do is undo the ABS pump from its mounting. Leave the pipes on of corse. You will then have more room to move the ABS pipes out of the way of the remaining 2 screws which are under the pipes.

Be carefull tho, you dont want to put too much strain on the pipes.

EX Bianca 6 owner,
Now drives: Octavia vRS
Posted 10th Nov 2009 at 02:14
lilnickgti6

Junior User

Post #3
ok thanks ill give it a try tomorow
Posted 10th Nov 2009 at 02:35
oecken

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
yeh, remove them, we did mine without undoing them, and lets just say it took a hell of a lot longer LOL

Sad Ex-Black 6 Ninja - Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.
Posted 10th Nov 2009 at 03:05