displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: Wipers playing up
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
This week during the rain showers, had my wipers set to auto and noticed that at the start of a sweep they just stopped. Thought nothing of it and put them on normal.

Next day when they did it again i realised that they'd stopped ebcause the fast setting has packed up - if you select the fast wiper setting it stops the wipers dead in their tracks, wherever they are in a sweep.

What's likely to be at fault, motor or stalk? Annoying as i binned one of each last week! Auto actually work, until they attempt to put the wipers on fast then they just stop at the start of a sweep, where they've obviously tried to select fast.

Normal speed still work fine so it's not too bad. Wipers still park correctly too.

Thanks

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Bianca LBSC Rallye - Track/Road Slag Project Thread
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 7th Nov 2009 at 13:25
justinaccurate

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
I would guess the stalk to be honest from the description. Normally the indicator one that goes so you should be able to pick one up fairly cheap.

You would probably see the fault if you dismantled it. The plastic seems to melt sometimes and the contacts dont sit where they are supposed to. In fact you could probably take the stalk off and shake it, it shouldnt rattle Laugh
Posted 7th Nov 2009 at 16:19
jaydog81

Regular

Post #3
Its the motor packing up. As long as it gets its live when the work if they are stopping its the motor!

*jay81.
Phase 2.5/S-99
Team i live for working,Paying bills and funding my hobbies. I wish my life could be just living for a pink "I love the 6 sticker".Laugh my ass off
Posted 7th Nov 2009 at 21:16
anth

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Is there a difference between models of the front wiper motor?

I need one for a phase 1 will phase 3 fit ok?

I imagine they are all the same just wanted to be sure.

Its actually for a Dturbo aswell.
Posted 9th Nov 2009 at 12:42
hanpug25

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Had this on mine. When you operate the stalk, you should be able to hear the relays ticking, meaning its the motor. I have a phase 3 and fitted a phase 2 item. Phase 1 should be the same as the auto wiper controls etc are inside the car, not the motor.

Passat B5.5 TDi estate (174bhp, 260 lbs/ft)
Posted 18th Nov 2009 at 16:23
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #6
most common issue I've found with these is corrosion in the plug on top of the motor.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 18th Nov 2009 at 16:54