displaying posts 1 to 11 of 11

Author Subject: Sensor right above the oil cooler attachment.
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Can some one tell me what the sensor with a screw in attachment is above the gti 6 oil cooler attachment, it bolts into the block ?

Im not sure if its the oil pressure or temp sensor, Unsure
A picture of it would help me loads and when i find out what it is i will post a wanted thread for one.

Mine seems to be missing, after buying a VTS engine. All the wiring is all over the place and i cannot find the part when looking at my gti6 engine bay Roll eyes

The engine is for my 205 conversion.

Cheers in advance Smile

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Black 306 GTI 6 Standard, was 60k mileage, bargain!!

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 5th Nov 2009 at 00:08
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
pressure, temp is in the sump.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 5th Nov 2009 at 00:23
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
I thought it would be the pressure one, thanks WP Thumbs up

How much are these new ?
If too much il be posting a wanted thread.

Will i need to get a modified one to fit the proper 205 plug and play loom that i will be getting at a later date ?Unsure

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 5th Nov 2009 at 00:37
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Its all ok, the 205gtidrivers forum has all the pictures of all the sensors for the gti6, all detailed, as well as whats needed for the conversion.
I thought this forum would have the pictures of the sensors at least tbh.

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Posted 5th Nov 2009 at 01:37
rikky 🦔

Post #5
i have a plug in my s16 sump that is also unconnected, i was assuming it's the temperature as it has pressure anyway. i might try rigging it up to an aftermarket guage

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 5th Nov 2009 at 04:48
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #6
correct there rikky, also the big round one you can see above your oil filter is for a pressure gauge, the gti6 engine only tends to have an oil pressure switch for a warning light, hence why not many people have asked about them.

the oil surge/starvation/low oil pressure paranoia is a 205 Mi16 thing you see LOL

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 5th Nov 2009 at 15:21
rikky 🦔

Post #7
what about this engine of mine? has the starvation been combatted better than the other mi's? i was led to believe so

yeah i thought that round thing was the pressure, not much else it can be really if i have no temperature Smile

i've found quite a few waste plugs and one white one dangling near the temperature sensor but it's not from there, doesn't fit and nowhere to give a reading anyway. also a spare plug coming off the bit of loom with the injector plugs on, another 2 pin black plug Unsure

will be using this temp sensor in the sump to rig a gauge up anyway - assuming the sensor in there is actually alive

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 5th Nov 2009 at 15:35
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #8
they are slightly better, but it is the same head, and the one in my car did die from oil surge, though it was pretty worn anyway.

I have the same sump on the gti6 engine that replaced it coincidentally, no issues so far and it's on better suspension.

the oil temp should be ok, doesn't the S16 have a gauge? arse! it was an XSi wasn't it? maybe time to fit S16/P1 gti6 gauges so you don't have to add aftermarket ones.

as for the spare plugs, you may be lucky and find some numbers on the wires, but if not you could trace them back to the big round plug on the wing.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 5th Nov 2009 at 18:24
rikky 🦔

Post #9
my p1 xsi had the oil pressure gauge in the speedo and still works on the s16 one exactly as before. all i changed on the speedo was the s16 rpm gauge with the higher redline

my 306 is a phase1 but a very late reg'd one and subsequently on an R plate

i was going to look at changing the sump but i bet the six one is by no means an easy swap

Posted 5th Nov 2009 at 18:30
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #10
its a doddle actually, but there's no reason to fit it, its quite a bit heavier, carries no more oil, and more fragile.

also wont fit straight on with your alternator mounting.

been a while since I last saw a P1 dash cluster, but my ZX has oil level/pressure under the rev counter, oil temp on the left side and water on the right, fuel gauge bang in the middle at the top.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 5th Nov 2009 at 18:50
rikky 🦔

Post #11
my alternator mounting is being butchered btw cos of my solidmounts and rosejpinted alternator tensioner but i'll give it a miss anyway

nah it definitely has just the pressure when running and shows the level when you turn ignition to 2nd click.. no temp though

cheers!

Posted 5th Nov 2009 at 18:53