displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Battery Light Dimly comes on in synchronisation to electric load
tez_306

Junior User

Post #1
G'day,
My battery light dimly comes on and gradually builds as i activate more electronic operations. Eg. It is dimly on when i turn the lights on, then when i put my highbeams on it'll grow brighter, and then when i activate the wipers it'll grow even brighter etc etc. When my indicators are on it'll brighten and dim in synchronisation to the lights flashing.
Essentially it is determined by electrical load. Why would this occur? I'm a mechanic in training and i'm terrible with electronics, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Posted 4th Nov 2009 at 14:14
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
sounds like a very tired alternator.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 4th Nov 2009 at 14:27
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Might also be worth checking the earths and connections to the battery, however buggered alternator is your most likely bet

Nothing to see here
Posted 4th Nov 2009 at 15:36
tez_306

Junior User

Post #4
The whole alternator? Do these have a replaceable regulator?
Posted 4th Nov 2009 at 16:22