displaying posts 1 to 19 of 19

Author Subject: my first gti6 project, on going
mike rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #1

hi all, well i thought i would start a project thread off ,as i never started one before. well i had a bit of a spendin spree on the 6 this week. i have ordered a gti6 splitter,rear parcel shelf and bught meself a magnex exhaust.he are a couple of pics of the parts. still waiting for me splitter those.
the old exhaust removed and will be up for sale now

coupl of pics of new exhaust, i went and collected on friday from cheshire, sound very nice bit is a little loud when on motoway

pictue of me standard phase3 parcel shelf to replace the mdf one. which will be up for sale

the shelf is black even those it looks grey in picture.

comments all welcome

well after talkin to you guys on here and a few other people about a few changes i want to make between throttle bodies and gas flowed manifold and gas flowed throttle bodies. i placed a bit for some throttle bodies but i didnt win them, so i went for these instead.

even those some people thought these wouldnt be worth it and after fitting these yesterday,i was impressed with how well it responseive it is. especially when you hit 3500 rpm.

i am now looking into have a remap done and rollin road done. do you guys know anybody which are good for this sort of stuff? i have had a price for
Posted 1st Nov 2009 at 20:54
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #2
To be honest mate i cant see the manifold or throttle body making a big enough difference to warrent a remap.
Posted 1st Nov 2009 at 21:37
mike rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
so you reckon it not worth it then?
Posted 1st Nov 2009 at 21:57
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #4
Best of course of action would be to chuck some cams in there along with a good closed induction set-up

should see 190 ish bhp then Thumbs up

The manifold and throttle body and exhaust wont make enoguh of a difference for you to go spending
Posted 1st Nov 2009 at 22:26
mike rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
right ok will have a look into that, piper cams kit? as for close induction you mean k&n? if so i have one of them on.
Posted 1st Nov 2009 at 22:40
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #6
When i mean is an enclosed induction like the K&N Viper/BMC Carbon kits availible.

becareful in selecting the cams,i would recommend a special petert cam regrind,hes very good at what he does and doesnt cost the earth either Thumbs up
Posted 1st Nov 2009 at 22:47
mike rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
what is a special cam regrind? never heard of that. and is there a website?
Posted 1st Nov 2009 at 22:56
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #8
hHe does one-off spec regrinds mate.i dont think he has a website but can get contact details for you if you want?

*edit* Welshpug will know! Smile
Posted 2nd Nov 2009 at 00:12
mike rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
yes that me ideal cheers ash,.am just woundering how much roughly and if he could to the job there and then.
Posted 1st Nov 2009 at 23:21
smegal

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
Another thing to bear in mind is that remap from demon tweaks will probably only be a superchips map and not a custom remap.

Ex SC-6

Now in a Megane R26
Posted 1st Nov 2009 at 23:26
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #11
Taylor Engineering

sales@taylor-eng.com or +61 0400 307 166

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 2nd Nov 2009 at 00:11
mike rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #12

well it mean a while since i updated. since fitting the gas flowed manifold and tb to i was impressed with it, but decided i wanted more power. so after reading up about them on the 6 forum,i thought i would give it a go and i bought myself some r1 throttle bodies off ebay.

i will be using the old gti6 manifold and the 6 injectors. i have made a start on building it up and will get some pictures tomorrow of the build so far. beware everyone i will be asking questions along the way if i get stuck.

i will also be selling the gas flowed stuff when i come to swop everything over, if anyone wants a up graded.

i managed to win these for
Posted 28th Nov 2009 at 03:47
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #13
You should have a good setup once all this is together, you have probably already seen it, but there is a project thread by a guy called Yanni. I'm sure there will be some useful pointers among his posts mate, I'll be following this one with interest Cool

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 28th Nov 2009 at 05:37
mike rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
thanks for reply. yes i read yanni thread and taken some good pointers. my only problem i am going to have is were to get a tube made up, so i can mount be map sensor. i did pm yanni about this but havent heard anything back. so if you guys have got any ideas were i could get one made. i would be very gratefull
Posted 28th Nov 2009 at 17:28
birk

Seasoned Pro

Post #15
Any good fabrication place should be able to do it.

Dimma + Gt35 turbo = Ninja
Solid rear beam mounts £130
Dan
Posted 28th Nov 2009 at 18:54
davenegus

Senior User

Post #16
hey mike would you sell just the centre section ? if so could you msg me please
Posted 30th Nov 2009 at 18:11
mike rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #17
hi ,the exhaust system is already sold.
Posted 1st Dec 2009 at 00:51
marra

Regular

Post #18
For an extra 10bhp the magnex badge should run along the length of the tail pipe
(and my god they are nowhere near the quality they used to be looking at that!)
Posted 1st Dec 2009 at 02:14
mike rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #19
to be honest there is nothin wrong with the quality of this magnex. i have had no problems with it what so ever.!
Posted 2nd Dec 2009 at 00:30