displaying posts 26 to 46 of 46

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: oil cooler / water question
fletch

Track Head

Post #26
cosmic spanner wrote:
Smile

Now you mentiopn it, that doesn't look quite right from memory, but there is at least 1 pipe goes from the stat housing round the back (to heater matrix and back of block) on the 6 engine.

Correct there is a metal pipe secured to the back of the block.
Posted 3rd Nov 2009 at 19:24
rikky 🦔

Post #27
cosmic spanner wrote:
Smile

Now you mentiopn it, that doesn't look quite right from memory, but there is at least 1 pipe goes from the stat housing round the back (to heater matrix and back of block) on the 6 engine.

that's the large heater pipe visible in my picture link [previous page] that i'm binning, and eoither welding both ends up, or using a stat housing hybrid combo that doesn't have that heater outlet on and welding the dizzy block up

i'll get a proper pic of the back of the block for you to marvel at later on hopefully LOL (i know you want to see it and help out even more)

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 3rd Nov 2009 at 19:32
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #28
best sticking with the S16 stat housing because of the cam sensor, either blank them with bungs or get them tigged up Smile

the bottom hose as you said in the PM would have the same type of connection, in fact I think they're the same as the earlier TD engines where one of the pipes is capped.

part 4 on the 6 diagram is indeed a 20mm ish bore pipe, on the S16 there's the metal pipe that goes across the top of the head above the manifold (number 7 on the diagram above)

there are a few bumgs available form the PSA range that'd be suitable, some not cheap but would save some time having to find someone to weld it up neatly for you, also leaves the option to re-fit the heater when you eventually realise it is quite a daft idea to leave it out after all Ninja

also, on the bottom hose/heater hose distribution block, from memory you can use a 405 one that has one less pipe.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 3rd Nov 2009 at 20:13
rikky 🦔

Post #29
i'm not going to be without a heater whatsoever.. i'm getting a heated screen and a helly hansen sailing jacket.. LOL

nah i've got a gap in my dash for a small heater motor to go with the twin element heated screen

the s16 stat housing looked a 'mare to remove when i looked last night, all i could see was sealant between it and the head. it'd be easier to remove for welding purpose most certainly LOL

Hmm

the reason behind changing the thermostat housing was to save blanking holes up and keeping it tidy looking. i wonder if any other XU or similar thermostat outer cover is the same as the S16 one but minus the other holes, like any other 405? the 205 gti one looks ideal but a shame it's the wrong size and shape Sad my guess is the gti6 adapter is the wrong fitment too for the s16 thermostat aswell. pffft

cheers Thumbs up

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 3rd Nov 2009 at 20:33
rikky 🦔

Post #30

as you can see from there, the water duzzy block has the two holes spare where i've pulled off the passenger side heater matrix feed and the driver side pipe that runs parallel with the bottom hose to the front of the engine and to the radiator

you can also see the metal pipe that goes from the top of the dizzy block, up behind the head, and to the thermostat housing. not sure if blocking both ends of this off would work, or to leave it there, not sure if it's doing anything whatsoever... (anyone know if it can go?)

you can also see the outlet on the side of the thermostat that's free due to the heater matrix pipe being deleted

and finally you can see the outer thermostat cover with the 2x outlets (one goes to top hose, one goes to heat exchanger by the block/filter) and the bleed screw. so i can either weld up the heat exchange outlet, or find another with the same shape without the 2nd outlet on it but with a bleed screw - can't see any model atall that has this!

and find a water dizy block the same shape with either one or two outlets poking off rather than four like it is at the moment (or weld this one up)

ignore the wiring mess, it'll be tidy when i'm done with it Big grin

Posted 4th Nov 2009 at 00:31
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #31
I don't think there is another thermostat take off that has just the one op hose connection, the 8 valve ones are a different diameter thermostat and different orientation.

the metal pipe can be dispensed with, its just there to aid warm up I believe.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 4th Nov 2009 at 00:43
rikky 🦔

Post #32
ah was just on servicebox, xu10j2 xsi [my old engine] seems to have the single outlet with a screw bleed thingy in there. i think i might just weld this one up if all else fails Dry

trying to find a 1 or 2 outlet dizzy block now! problem is the shape of the s16 one curves around the engine mount so not sure which will work

Posted 4th Nov 2009 at 00:46
rikky 🦔

Post #33
apparently the mi16 ones are single? my mate is going to pull his off his 209 mi16 at weekend and let me borrow it to compare reverse shape

bleed screw can hold on any cos there's on on the other side of the thermostat anyway and the bleed point in question is pretty much the lowest at the moment! so the higher one takes priority..

edit- after going thru servicebox again for another 10 mins it looks like there aren't any single outlet ones..

Posted 5th Nov 2009 at 04:36
clen666

Seasoned Pro

Post #34
cosmic spanner wrote:

PS - anybody know anybody who does alloy thermostat housings for these engines? Would like to replace the top hose with a regular coolant hose, and ideally do away with the proprietary Peugeot connectors which give me The Fear tbh.

BakerBM do an adaptor plate to fit a 205 outlet, which I think you could then attach a normal hose to, correct me if I'm wrong though

Team 'unintentional rat look'
Posted 5th Nov 2009 at 05:18
rikky 🦔

Post #35
yeah bbm do the adapter kit to go inside the gti6 housing to allow the outer housing from a 205 gti [with one outlet on] to fit it. this is what i intend to do, if the standard 205 gti one doesn't fit the s16 housing [which i keep getting conflicting info so might just fecking try it considering i have two 205 gti's of my own] LOL

Posted 5th Nov 2009 at 05:22
clen666

Seasoned Pro

Post #36
LOL rikky do you know the correct part number for the 205 outer housing to use with this adaptor? is it 1336 88? or there is 1336 86, it says thats for the xu5m but unsure which is needed

cheers

Posted 6th Nov 2009 at 00:47
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #37
BBM's adapter only fits the XU7JP4/10J4R/J4RS thermostat housings as its 3 bolt.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 6th Nov 2009 at 01:02
rikky 🦔

Post #38
cheers meirion, looks like saturday is designated welding day then Big grin

Posted 6th Nov 2009 at 04:53
rikky 🦔

Post #39
removed all the thermostat housing and vacuum pump, had to turn it over to get the housing to pull away due to the slot on the cam but looks easier to weld up now than doing it in situ. lots of black sealant around here, can't be standard? i thought they used gaskets? i'll be on the lookout for a decent sealant, sump sealer do the trick? that black pug stuff? Unsure

edit> no gasket listed on servicebox so looks like must just be sealant Blink

Posted 9th Nov 2009 at 05:19
clen666

Seasoned Pro

Post #40
anyone know the correct part no. for the 205 thermostat outlet bit?

Posted 9th Nov 2009 at 22:33
cosmic spanner

Moral objector

Post #41
From my notes it's :

1337.84 water outlet
+ 1339.10 gasket (i think you need the gasket)

this is for the earlier-style alloy outlet rather than the later plastic one. Pretty sure that's right...not ordered it yet, mind!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch..
..Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Project é - my 306 project thread.
Posted 9th Nov 2009 at 22:41
clen666

Seasoned Pro

Post #42
Top man! Thumbs up

Posted 10th Nov 2009 at 00:22
eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #43
Sorry for the bump to this but I'm trying to get two of the pipes that link to the heat exchanger.

Thing is that the diagram looks like a load of billy bulls**t?
My thermostat housing doesnt match up with what is on the gti-6 diagram on the front page?
Anyone know the correct part numbers?

Ex- Phase 3 China GTi-6 T-Reg
Posted 13th Aug 2012 at 14:10
rikky 🦔

Post #44
yeah the diagram was wrong, but listed wrong on ServiceBox for some reason. just logged in and looked, still looks wrong!

Posted 13th Aug 2012 at 16:02
eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #45
hmmmm...
I'm weary of ordeing them over the phone as I have a feeling I will recieve hoses of mysterious origin :S

Has anyone ordered these pipes from peugeot before?

Ex- Phase 3 China GTi-6 T-Reg
Posted 13th Aug 2012 at 16:12
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #46
How did you get on?

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 9th Aug 2014 at 08:43

Pages (2): 1 [2]