displaying posts 1 to 1 of 1

Author Subject: water pump info...
lwgti-6

Senior User

Post #1
afternoon,

Just a quick one really, as some of you know, i split a small coolant hose at the rear of the engine whilst trying to fit a group n rear engine mount the other week.

I managed to patch it up with some replacement universal hose, all fine and dandy, however its started to leak again. I've just orded the right hose from peugeot and pick it up on sat to replace it.

Now my question is, will the engine be ok running? Its not gushing out, just the odd drip with a small patch of coolant on the floor if the car is left stood overnight. Does the waterpump allow the constant flow of coolant when the engine ison or does the stat have to open to reach the block? The car dosent overheat whilst driving. I'm just worried that there wont be any coolant in the block unless the stat opens.

Thanks

EX Bianca 6 owner,
Now drives: Octavia vRS
Posted 29th Oct 2009 at 19:41