displaying posts 26 to 42 of 42

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: supercharger
ballardpaul

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
Ash is this to me? As I am confused due to not hearing back from you?

Phase 2 Blaze GTi 6 (Standard) Sold
Phase 3 Supercharged China GTi 6 (249.8 BHP) Sold
Phase 3 Supercharged Diablo GTi 6 (443 BHP)Sold
Nissan 350Z (300 BHP)
Posted 3rd Nov 2009 at 05:27
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #27
ballardpaul wrote:
Ash is this to me? As I am confused due to not hearing back from you?

i havent had any pms expect for the 1st one when i replied it was sold??? Unsure
Posted 3rd Nov 2009 at 05:28
ballardpaul

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
Really I sent 2 back saying I still want it? After you ask me if I was still interested in it sunday? Grrr... I've got the money ready and all, what a great website this is... Sad

Phase 2 Blaze GTi 6 (Standard) Sold
Phase 3 Supercharged China GTi 6 (249.8 BHP) Sold
Phase 3 Supercharged Diablo GTi 6 (443 BHP)Sold
Nissan 350Z (300 BHP)
Posted 3rd Nov 2009 at 05:41
lewis07

Regular

Post #29
how reliable are these low boost conversions? how does the standard block cope with the extra power? cant help thinking it will just destroy eveything!

Magnex Cat Back,3 inch tail pipe, K&N High Flow Filter, lowered 40mm on Weitec springs+dampers.
Posted 13th Nov 2009 at 05:47
chrisd306

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
The standard block is fine as long as you follow the instructions from rich as in good oil and run on super unleaded, russ's rallye has been doen for over a year and has had no problems at all, and his is a standard bottem end.

In my garage just now

2003 BMW M3 & 2009 L200 Raging Bull
& Audi Q5 S Line
AX stock rod & Saxo Stock rod
Sold the bike an charged rallye an bought a caravan, midlife crisis or what!
Posted 13th Nov 2009 at 11:54
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
lewis07 wrote:
how reliable are these low boost conversions? how does the standard block cope with the extra power? cant help thinking it will just destroy eveything!

I have found mine (259bhp) to be very reliable, i have done some very long journeys in it and it hasnt missed a beat No As said if you stick to Rich's guidelines by using a decent oil and a top fuel then you shouldnt see any issues No

Just Drive It
Posted 13th Nov 2009 at 14:07
russbez

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
Zzz
search more

quiet a few have ours supercharged via lynx with little or no probs at all

TEAM HIGH BOOST SUPERCHARGED RALLYE

My Rallye project thread
Posted 13th Nov 2009 at 14:26
lewis07

Regular

Post #33
do you all use super unleaded then?

Magnex Cat Back,3 inch tail pipe, K&N High Flow Filter, lowered 40mm on Weitec springs+dampers.
Posted 17th Nov 2009 at 06:30
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #34
They do because they have to, you CAN run on regular unleaded but it requires the mapping to be tweaked to avoid detonation when using the lower octane fuel.

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 17th Nov 2009 at 06:47
chrisd306

Seasoned Pro

Post #35
daveyboy wrote:
They do because they have to, you CAN run on regular unleaded but it requires the mapping to be tweaked to avoid detonation when using the lower octane fuel.

yeah dont we know it haha!! wont happen again tho, well next few weeks will tell haRoll eyes

In my garage just now

2003 BMW M3 & 2009 L200 Raging Bull
& Audi Q5 S Line
AX stock rod & Saxo Stock rod
Sold the bike an charged rallye an bought a caravan, midlife crisis or what!
Posted 17th Nov 2009 at 08:07
fletch

Track Head

Post #36
lewis07 wrote:
do you all use super unleaded then?

The Gti-6 engine is quite a high compression engine to run with boost, so Super unleaded is a necessity, unless as Dave says you get it safely mapped for 95 ron.
Posted 17th Nov 2009 at 13:53
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #37
Can anyone reccomend an octane additive for the fuel? It only occurred to me the other day that one day i might be out of fuel and there will only be normal unleaded around!

Just Drive It
Posted 17th Nov 2009 at 14:30
toby

Seasoned Pro

Post #38
When I had mine I asked RichW the same question and he said don't drive it like you stole it until you put some super in it. It will drive fine on 95 ron just keep it below 4k would be my advice.
Putting 95 ron in (unless you can't get anything higher) is a false economy you get less performance and worse fuel consumption so why bother.

Previous Peugeot - 2000(w)GTI-6, Me old China, Supercharged with working aircon!
Posted 17th Nov 2009 at 19:43
fletch

Track Head

Post #39
toby wrote:
When I had mine I asked RichW the same question and he said don't drive it like you stole it until you put some super in it. It will drive fine on 95 ron just keep it below 4k would be my advice.
Putting 95 ron in (unless you can't get anything higher) is a false economy you get less performance and worse fuel consumption so why bother.

Exactly you run 7-8psi at max boost so lower revs = less boost and less chance of detonation.
Posted 17th Nov 2009 at 19:44
toby

Seasoned Pro

Post #40
lewis07 wrote:

I had mine a year, used it daily through winter in the snow and summer in the heat and it was faultless, never missed a beat and never gave me cause for concern.

But like anything if you look after it like putting decent fuel in it and letting the engine warm up before reving it to the red line you won't get a problem.

The oil RichW recommends is expensive but far cheaper than a new engine, I can imagine that as these conversions get done and sold through various owners that they'll end up in the hands of the peasants that will run them on 95 ron and morrisons best oil.

Previous Peugeot - 2000(w)GTI-6, Me old China, Supercharged with working aircon!
Posted 17th Nov 2009 at 19:53
fletch

Track Head

Post #41
How you finding the 335d Toby? Had it remapped yet? Whistle
Posted 17th Nov 2009 at 19:57
toby

Seasoned Pro

Post #42
He He, remap is on order from E-Maps to give a little lift in power from 286bhp to 350bhp and torque from 580nm (430lb/ft) to 700nm (513lb/ft). Apparently the remap will allow a sub 5 second 0-60 and put the car neck and neck with the new M3, not bad for an old diesel!
The M3 power and torque by comparrison are 420bhp and 295lb/ft so it looks like the diesels torque is helping massively. They are both very different power plants acheiving similar performance, the M3 is still an epic car and I will own one in a while but you do have to argue in real world road conditions there will be nothing between them.

The supercharged 306 is so different by comparrison to the 335d, I now look at the rev counter and think i'm shifting when I'm at 3k where as the supercharged 306 wasn't moving till nearly twice that.

Posted 18th Nov 2009 at 00:27

Pages (2): 1 [2]