displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Pulling to the left when breaking...
lwgti-6

Senior User

Post #1
Strange one really,

Fitted a group N lower mount the other day, got the car back together and now when i break the car pulls to the left (steering wheel moves my hands, almost as if its swaying?. If i apply little force on the break pedal, its allright, however when i apply medium to hard pressure the problem starts.

When i changed the lower mount i didnt remove the caliper off the hub. I only removed the driveshaft, split the hub from the wishbone, track rod end off the hub, and disconected the drop link off the anti roll bar.

Stumped at this one as the car didnt to it before. Dry

EX Bianca 6 owner,
Now drives: Octavia vRS
Posted 25th Oct 2009 at 22:25
pugbug

Regular

Post #2
Check the brake hoses, mine started doing that, only when I checked I found a split hose, must be losing compression or expanding under braking.
Posted 4th Nov 2009 at 12:45
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Has the hub pinch bolt come loose/not tight enough? This can make it move around giving you the problem.

Nothing to see here
Posted 4th Nov 2009 at 15:34