displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: ticking??
monkgti

Regular

Post #1
hi lads, my 306 is running perfect and i always service it every 4-5k miles and i always usev an engine flush before i drain the oil and i use valvoline 10w40 semi syn oil which ive used in every car ive had and found it very good stays a good colour even after being in the car for the 4-5k miles ive used it in my 106gti and even wrx. the problem i find is that when i give the car a gud hard drive or even if im driving around town say where shes getting good and hot she gets a bit ticky, not very loud but you can still notice it, its mostly when i rev her to 2 or 3,000 revs aswell not really above that and if im out doin main road normal driving or when i start the car cold its not in it at all.......im thinking its the oil but im not sure what oil to use in the 306 as ive heard so many diff oils recomended for them, so has anyone had the same experience as this with their 306??? thanks...

IF YOU CAN READ THIS IM STILL IN 5TH!!!
Posted 25th Oct 2009 at 20:26
kit

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Unless it's had a cambelt snap in the past it's most likely the injectors tapping, or maybe the tappet guides are worn.

Racing driver, fighter pilot, astronaut, compulsive liar.
Posted 25th Oct 2009 at 21:23
monkgti

Regular

Post #3
well i have more or less the full service history of the car and theres no record of a t belt being snapped..........if it was the injectors though wouldnt it be ticking the whole time i would imagine?? when the car is cold or being drove easy on a long journey its perfect its only if i give her a good shot really that it comes into it, thats why i thought it might be the oil thinning out or somthing......???

IF YOU CAN READ THIS IM STILL IN 5TH!!!
Posted 25th Oct 2009 at 23:07
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
mine also sounds kinda ticky tappy ish when hot.
dont know why

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 25th Oct 2009 at 23:09